Ikea Besta advice please

Ive got the unit above all in black and thinking of getting rid of it lol. I went for the triple section and now find its too big.

Glass top = dust magnet!
The matt finish hides dust well.

I have a Besta unit but unfortunately my AVR hangs over the back and will be impossible to meet flush with the wall. What have others used instead?

I have a Besta unit but unfortunately my AVR hangs over the back and will be impossible to meet flush with the wall. What have others used instead?
It depends how big the overhang is. My Denon was just overhanging so I adapted the back plate of Besta for its connections to fit through.

It's a case of back panel removed from the unit and overhanging by a good 7cm. Definitely can't be adapted.

I went for the 64cm high one , really happy with it for £200View attachment 1207032View attachment 1207033

This is pretty much the exact setup that I am going for but probably with the small black legs. Any pros and cons you have found since installing it. I was a bit concerned that my Dali opticon Vokal wouldnt fit height wise in the top centre compartment but happy now I have measured up. Where the doors pretty easy to fit ?

i just replaced my smaller Besta cabinet with a bigger one, and stuck a 55" TV on it too (previous was 43").

IMG_20200905_162912.jpg

this was my previous setup

IMG_20200619_153544.jpg

I had an XPA-3 (3 chan) in the Besta unit without issues but i did have ti pull it further away from the wall lol.
Am now downsizing so trying to find someone who wants the big besta unit.

Hiya mate, hope you're well. I'm now myself looking into the Besta Units, 180x42x38. The depth at 42" what was it like with the Emotiva? How far away from the wall, I find its the mains cable thats a pain. Also does anybody know the internal dimensions of the Besta units? For the 38mm height version. I have a lot of equipment to fit in 😭. I really want to get my centre speaker out the current unit and sit it on top.

Hiya mate, hope you're well. I'm now myself looking into the Besta Units, 180x42x38. The depth at 42" what was it like with the Emotiva? How far away from the wall, I find its the mains cable thats a pain. Also does anybody know the internal dimensions of the Besta units? For the 38mm height version. I have a lot of equipment to fit in 😭. I really want to get my centre speaker out the current unit and sit it on top.

I’m just out and about at the moment. But drop me a PM. I can take any measurements and pictures you like. Still want to get rid of mine as one section is totally empty.

I’m just out and about at the moment. But drop me a PM. I can take any measurements and pictures you like. Still want to get rid of mine as one section is totally empty.

No worries, I, just need the height and width of each individual section really, I can adjust everything else myself, I think Id have to have it 120mm away from the wall too, to house my amps. I could build a small U section that covers the back area myself if they sold the top and sides individually.

I'm after white mate not black, what are you planning on replacing it with? So you still have your centre on top or inside the unit?

My unit is 13 cm from wall, mine is a gen 1 xpa-3

Attachments

• 15999274026703284178438125363605.jpg
    15999274026703284178438125363605.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 722
Anybody got the Besta with light grey doors? How does it look? It isn't gloss and would prefer a gloss version really. I honestly don't fancy a trip to IKEA, 😭

I'm after white mate not black, what are you planning on replacing it with? So you still have your centre on top or inside the unit?
i do for now but when i get the smaller unit ill be putting it back on top

We have a load of the light grey doors, they look great imo, just the shade of grey you would want from light grey.

Yeah id prefer the light grey, is the grey glossy? Or infact is any of it glossy at all?

Can I be really cheeky and look at some pictures? PM is fine if you'd prefer, I'm really trying convince the wife to let me change from this below.

I'm thinking 1800x38 Best with 100mm legs. White with grey doors, centre speaker on top tv wall mounted. She's having non of it though, she thinks the centre is to big and would just look like it's been dumped.

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_184608.jpg
    IMG_20200914_184608.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 769
Sure, it’s not a tv cabinet but I’ll take a pick of the units when I get back from work. There is a dark grey glossy door, we have some of that too but not assembled yet. It’s got more finger prints on the door I picked up to look at than the Matt grey ones have had in over 2 years.

Sure, it’s not a tv cabinet but I’ll take a pick of the units when I get back from work. There is a dark grey glossy door, we have some of that too but not assembled yet. It’s got more finger prints on the door I picked up to look at than the Matt grey ones have had in over 2 years.

Attachments

• 5B0D992A-7D28-4FC4-B8EA-E3A178C1D4CE.jpeg
    5B0D992A-7D28-4FC4-B8EA-E3A178C1D4CE.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 762
  • 41AE71B5-891E-4A13-8F7C-FF5BFA09DB81.jpeg
    41AE71B5-891E-4A13-8F7C-FF5BFA09DB81.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 714
They look glossy to me 👍🏻

I went for the 64cm high one , really happy with it for £200View attachment 1207032View attachment 1207033
i just replaced my smaller Besta cabinet with a bigger one, and stuck a 55" TV on it too (previous was 43").

View attachment 1360973

this was my previous setup

View attachment 1360974

Looks really good. Which glass shelfs did you go for in the new unit, didnt conside glass but like how it looks, might not see them though as I am going for smoked door glass

not sure which ones they were, they came with the cabinet type i ordered.
it was this specific one, so you might be able to see what shelves it is

edit - the package details says

BESTÅ Glass shelf
Article no.:602.955.32
Width: 36 cm
Height: 1 cm
Length: 58 cm
Weight: 2.52 kg
Package(s): 4

not sure which ones they were, they came with the cabinet type i ordered.
it was this specific one, so you might be able to see what shelves it is

edit - the package details says

BESTÅ Glass shelf
Article no.:602.955.32
Width: 36 cm
Height: 1 cm
Length: 58 cm
Weight: 2.52 kg
Package(s): 4
Thanks matey

B8A1CD83-3E33-4A29-884B-6AD6A83B0464.jpeg

Have a 38cm high Besta and prepping for PS5/XSX. Also be nice to hide some of my cables. Thinking about either glassvik frosted glass for left/right side and moving the L/R speakers to either side of the TV, or keeping the speakers on those shelves and using something like the Hanviken doors, removing the thin wooden centres and stapling speaker fabric across there.

Upside of speaker fabric would be hopefully also allowing air intake? And then having holes (or exhaust fans) in the rear of those areas.

Any thoughts? I like the clean look without the speakers near the TV, but hacking doors to bits sounds like a recipe for disaster.. Atlhough then I could possibly do all three sections.

PS - ignore the lighting, my daughter is playing spiderman so she changed the lighting.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom