Impressive Unreal Engine 5 Demo - VR supported.

Atmos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw this yesterday, absolutely INCREDIBLE :eek:

This is going to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE for VR development, means that we won't need to worry about Normal maps being broken in VR and we can just use high res models. Hopefully it's going to be easy porting from Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5.

Great find, and an amazing watch. Just think...... This game engine combined with the next generation of CPUs and GPUs. I think we are in for a treat. Just hope that it pushes game development as a whole to really forge ahead, and take some much needed strides.

Mind you, there are so many game developers out there who are not even implementing multi-core CPUs yet, forcing manufacturers and consumers to seek the fastest clock speeds, and all of the cooling and overclocking nonsense that it brings to the table. Fingers crossed that they actually embrace this new technology.

I'm going to be all over it next year. Haven't worked on my VR game for a while, I'm REALLY hoping it's going to be easy enough to port from UE4 to UE5. Getting anything to work on a 970/1060 at 90fps is going to be a struggle which is why I've designed it to be a corridor shooter so I don't need to downgrade my textures too much.

Using UE5 will also mean that my title screen can use 1000s of asteroids with 20K polys instead of 1000s of asteroids with 1.5-2K polys. 😎😁😎

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom