Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse

tapzilla2k

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I really can't believe the time scale of these inquiries. It would never happen in the private sector.
But when it comes to this kind of inquiry it seems to be accepted as normal. The suspects will be dead or going doolally before we get the findings. Don't forget add 10 years for prosecutions.

Just look at Chilcot. That has been drawn out to such a degree that we start to view the delay as suspicious.
I am sure it will be the same here.

Given the scale of the alleged abuse, I think 5 years is probably a bit optimistic in terms of getting to the bottom of it. If you are being cynical then you'd say that the Inquiry is designed to run for a long time so that the abusers die off one by one, limiting the damage to the Tory and Labour Parties plus other political parties. Also pushes this into the next Parliament. John Mann seems to be right, this will overshadow this Parliament and the one after it. Whatever the truth is, I still think it will cause massive damage to the main political parties - Expenses scandal on steroids basically.

The other issue here is that it seems the Police are woefully under-prepared to deal with the volume of allegations that they will have to investigate, on top of the ones they are already investigating.

£1k a month, she living in and heating the whole of St Pancras palace?

Probably cheaper than the heating bill for Buckingham Palace....

Anyway Exaronews have worked with channel 9's 60 minutes in Australia, if it lives upto the hype of the trailer things could get very interesting. Exaronews have requested that this is made watchable in the UK -

Esther Baker features, Cannock Chase abuse allegations getting some momentum now, she was on 5 live month or so back.

I get the feeling Esther Baker's allegations might be the tipping point that brings this all out into the open. More survivors have apparently come forward since she went public, a very brave decision on her part. She's been trolled by paedophiles a lot on twitter, but she seems to be quite robust at dealing with them. Kincora also looks like it'll be featured in that 60 minutes programme. No word on what the result of the judical review of the exclusion of Kincora from the CSA Inquiry.

The 60 Minutes Australia: Special Investigation Spies Lords and Predators is on youtube:

Found the torrent and watched it.

Presented in a somewhat sensational manner and then entered Brass Eye territory with the totally unnecessary interview with the vile Tom O'Carroll (analogous to the pointless interviews with Anjem Choudary imho - the only objective of these interviews is to make our blood boil).

Frequently showed a photo of the murdered 8 year old boy Vishal Mehrotra, but nothing further on him, not even stating his name ...

I think the point of having that vile excuse for a human being on the documentary was to alert/remind people as to how paedophiles think and operate. That's the banal face of this particular evil.

Exaro article from Mark Watts published at time of the 60 Minutes broadcast
- names names seemingly left on the cutting room floor (although, like the murdered boy Vishal, they did briefly show a photo of Anthony Blunt) ... [all long dead] Lord Mountbatten, Maurice Oldfield, Anthony Blunt, Knox Cunningham and Nicholas Fairbairn in addition to Peter Hayman and Cyril Smith
new video interview with Richard Kerr ...

Richard Kerr on Channel 4 News earlier this year ...

Last edited:
LBC did a very good investigation of where the Vishal case stands. My gut feeling is Exaronews is sitting on the big revelations due to libel laws and waiting on the police to investigate. From what I've read the 60 minutes programme tends to be sensationalist. Though the question has to be asked - Why has no UK broadcaster looked at what Exaronews has been investigating ?

Oh and in relation to Kincora, details about those files that were not released before the election have emerged - Key Westminster Figures In Child Abuse Documents

Chock-full of Tories, no wonder it was not released prior to the election. Although Peter Morrison and Peter Hayman have been firmly established as paedophiles for a few years now, the latter since 1981.

Almost always dead or senile to date. Keep watching, they are scurrying like rats looking for their bolt hole. Disgusting excuses they are.

They were never going to release those files before the election as it brings up pretty serious questions about the Thatcher era itself and the whole mythology the Tory Party has created around her since. If she's seen to have either been complicit in a cover up (using it to her own political advantage as some suggest) or caught on the hop and forced into a cover up to save her own political bacon, then she will be seen as utterly incompetent and not the Iron Lady as portrayed, either way her legacy would be tarnished or destroyed. Regardless of her Economic achievements, she will likely be judged to have failed to protect children. Which should be one of the key duties of any Prime Minister.

Seems John Mann has decided to ask Jeremy Corbyn about the abuse allegations swirling around Islington.

Anyway this is sort of following the same trend as the expenses scandal, Politicians in denial hoping it goes away, while investigative journalists and others are edging closer to the truth. I'm not entirely sure the Goddard Inquiry is going to last for very long, looking at what certain survivors of abuse are saying on twitter about it.

They were never going to release those files before the election as it brings up pretty serious questions about the Thatcher era itself and the whole mythology the Tory Party has created around her since. If she's seen to have either been complicit in a cover up (using it to her own political advantage as some suggest) or caught on the hop and forced into a cover up to save her own political bacon, then she will be seen as utterly incompetent and not the Iron Lady as portrayed, either way her legacy would be tarnished or destroyed. Regardless of her Economic achievements, she will likely be judged to have failed to protect children. Which should be one of the key duties of any Prime Minister.
Sadly I'm not entirely sure that is the case, no heads have rolled in Rotherham, or indeed in many other localities, with some of the perpetrators still on the street and the police and other institutions still in cover up or whitewash mode.
I expected people to be calling for blood, but it seems the fight has been knocked out of the public, or are still in a daze over the extent of it and need a lightning rod to galvanise the whole sorry affair.

I think the general public is in denial at the moment. Something will occur that snaps people out of it. But it may take years for it to happen or merely the arrest of a Politician and conviction might do it. We do seem to have been groomed as a nation to place blame onto the victims of these sorts of crimes. That attitude is slowly changing from what I can see, but again that's debateable.

The survivors of abuse are starting to coalesce on social media and will in time become a force to be reckoned with. Social Media is making the difference as it's 20th century Civil Service/Establishment vs 21st Century Social Networks.

I think the general public is in denial at the moment

... or the general public are so far removed or disinterested that its just a sideshow.

The survivors of abuse are starting to coalesce on social media and will in time become a force to be reckoned with. Social Media is making the difference as it's 20th century Civil Service/Establishment vs 21st Century Social Networks.

Social media i doubt will coalesce as too anonymous and reactionary. More bothered about a cat doing a back flip than making political change

I think the general public is in denial at the moment. Something will occur that snaps people out of it.
I'm not so sure, I believe it's just to close in the many life's of people to form objective opinion, they would rather ignore it rather than deal with it, the stiff upper lip!

... or the general public are so far removed or disinterested that its just a sideshow.

Just as disinterested as they were in expenses before that exploded into a major scandal. Same thing will eventually happen with this.

Social media i doubt will coalesce as too anonymous and reactionary. More bothered about a cat doing a back flip than making political change

By social media I'm speaking of the survivors who are coalescing around each other and coming together. They will be a force to be reckoned with going forward. The sheer numbers of people coming forward will overwhelm the system at some point.

I'm not so sure, I believe it's just to close in the many life's of people to form objective opinion, they would rather ignore it rather than deal with it, the stiff upper lip!

Which is what we do about a lot of things, but there are moments when that stiff upper lip trembles as a scandal erupts. It will likely take years for this to come out, but from what's been released or mentioned in terms of files, Thatcher's Government was rife with pedophiles. Along with Politicians from other parties like Cyril Smith.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom