Quantcast

Indiana Jones 5 (July 9, 2021??? TBC) potentially directed by James Mangold

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
:eek: Well thats not a good sign, or is it?, this may be exactly what the franchise needs!, new blood
Mangold is a solid director with Le Mans, Logan. Who said The Wolverine :D

Expect that 2021 date to be pushed again

Last edited:

Drax1

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member
:eek: Well thats not a good sign, or is it?, this may be exactly what the franchise needs!, new blood
Mangold is a solid director with Le Mans, Logan. Who said The Wolverine :D

Expect that 2021 date to be pushed again
The whole revolving door of trying to sort a McGuffin, solid script, suitable release date, and now losing the (arguably) the cornerstone of the franchise in Spielberg (not to mention George has long since gone too)means it should be left well alone imo. Lucasfilm have only been trying to crack it since 2008...:D

richp007

Distinguished Member
And if people were worried before....

Logan is one of my favourite films of recent years, but I'm already worried about how this is going to turn out! Regardless of whose at the helm.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
^Mangold might have no input for the story, like with Logan which he wrote, otherwise they need to start again

gavinhanly

I would say that if they've said Mangold is in the running, then that's been in the pipeline for a bit and they're already looking at the script (he didn't write Ford v Ferrari - so he doesn't have to completely write this).

I would think that if they're willing to make changes he wants (and I'd assume he'd work with Ford on this) then they'll announce him properly and the late summer start date is still easily achievable. Probably more so now that Spielberg's schedule is out of the way.

caz2005

There's a lot of TROS that wasn't Abrams fault but a hell of a lot that was. I'd be gutted if he was chosen but I don't think he ever would have been. He's Disney's patsy at the moment lol.

Mangold is an excellent choice!

gavinhanly

There's a lot of TROS that wasn't Abrams fault but a hell of a lot that was. I'd be gutted if he was chosen but I don't think he ever would have been. He's Disney's patsy at the moment lol.
Well, he's buggered off to Warner Brothers now...

richp007

Distinguished Member
Even Mangold at the helm changes nothing in terms of Ford. His bones will be going crack before his whip does.

Better get the de-ageing kit out.

Oh and it's gonna need Nazi's as bad guys as well.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Even Mangold at the helm changes nothing in terms of Ford. His bones will be going crack before his whip does.

Better get the de-ageing kit out.

Oh and it's gonna need Nazi's as bad guys as well.
His stunt team will be doing all the heavy lifting anyway, piece of cake being a action icon.

Alien Nazi's! :D

richp007

Distinguished Member
They should just set it in today's era. According to some, every other person is a 'Nazi' these days :rolleyes::laugh:
Good point. Who better than Jones to deal with the rise of the far right, take on the left too, tackle the "wokeness" issue AND beat up some Nazi's.

I might have a stab at the script myself :D