Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (28 June 2023) James Mangold

Dial in your number

• Total voters
:eek: Well thats not a good sign, or is it?, this may be exactly what the franchise needs!, new blood
Mangold is a solid director with Le Mans, Logan. Who said The Wolverine :D

Expect that 2021 date to be pushed again

Last edited:
:eek: Well thats not a good sign, or is it?, this may be exactly what the franchise needs!, new blood
Mangold is a solid director with Le Mans, Logan. Who said The Wolverine :D

Expect that 2021 date to be pushed again
The whole revolving door of trying to sort a McGuffin, solid script, suitable release date, and now losing the (arguably) the cornerstone of the franchise in Spielberg (not to mention George has long since gone too)means it should be left well alone imo. Lucasfilm have only been trying to crack it since 2008...:D

Not necessarily a bad idea at all, given Crystal Skull.

And if people were worried before....

Logan is one of my favourite films of recent years, but I'm already worried about how this is going to turn out! Regardless of whose at the helm.

^Mangold might have no input for the story, like with Logan which he wrote, otherwise they need to start again

Yeah 2021 is looking ambitious.

Not like Ford is that old though, what's another few years.... :laugh: o_O

Yeah 2021 is looking ambitious.

Not like Ford is that old though, what's another few years.... :laugh: o_O
Maybe they'll push it from Summer to Christmas 2021 - Star Wars style.

they should have gone with tried and tested JJ Abrams, he's worked with the Fordster :D

Last edited:
Let's just leave it as how it appears in the thread list
20200227_085200.png

I would say that if they've said Mangold is in the running, then that's been in the pipeline for a bit and they're already looking at the script (he didn't write Ford v Ferrari - so he doesn't have to completely write this).

I would think that if they're willing to make changes he wants (and I'd assume he'd work with Ford on this) then they'll announce him properly and the late summer start date is still easily achievable. Probably more so now that Spielberg's schedule is out of the way.

There's a lot of TROS that wasn't Abrams fault but a hell of a lot that was. I'd be gutted if he was chosen but I don't think he ever would have been. He's Disney's patsy at the moment lol.

Mangold is an excellent choice!

There's a lot of TROS that wasn't Abrams fault but a hell of a lot that was. I'd be gutted if he was chosen but I don't think he ever would have been. He's Disney's patsy at the moment lol.

Well, he's buggered off to Warner Brothers now...

Even Mangold at the helm changes nothing in terms of Ford. His bones will be going crack before his whip does.

Better get the de-ageing kit out.

Oh and it's gonna need Nazi's as bad guys as well.

Even Mangold at the helm changes nothing in terms of Ford. His bones will be going crack before his whip does.

Better get the de-ageing kit out.

Oh and it's gonna need Nazi's as bad guys as well.

His stunt team will be doing all the heavy lifting anyway, piece of cake being a action icon.

Alien Nazi's! :D

9B9CA48BF9AE3B862E98C449C018F0B3028E9645

They should just set it in today's era. According to some, every other person is a 'Nazi' these days :rolleyes::laugh:

Good point. Who better than Jones to deal with the rise of the far right, take on the left too, tackle the "wokeness" issue AND beat up some Nazi's.

I might have a stab at the script myself :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom