Question Instant Water boilers for tea & coffee - help

Brucepeter2007

Standard Member
Reaction score
We have just had our THIRD water boiler pack up. We use it as advertised and we do drink a lot of tea. Each one we have had has only lasted for between 4 and 6 weeks at most - the first two we had were the same make but both failed and the last one was double the price but lasted no longer.
I have now ordered a Murphy Richards unit at three times the original price tag we paid in the hope it will last and do it’s job.
We do not abuse the units but it seems that the instant water boilers made for coffee and tea are unreliable as three failures out of three is not a good recommendation.
Electrical goods now are generally extremely reliable and I can’t relate how frustrating it is that these seem to be unreliable despite reading reviews on line before I commit to buy.
Come on manufacturers get your act together on this product as if you test it out correctly faults would show up.
New unit is on its way but caught up in the snow backlog but I will do a follow up after a few weeks to let others know how things are going. Fingers crossed. Regards Peter

PS - Just to make it clear I do ensure the boiler mentions that it also is for tea as I am fully aware that making coffee generally requires a lower temperature setting.

Tried a boiling tap? Had one in our new build expensive but superb!

Thanks for that but in all honesty a bit out of our price bracket but I did look at them and they look good. My gripe is what we have is out there but seems the manufacturers are saying they do boiling water but they can’t reliably do it. We only make two cups at a time so we are not exactly pushing the unit hard. I know the tap boilers are better as they can supply a good quantity each time - well more than two cups at a time before they fail... thanks for the reply. Regards Peter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom