Question Insurance for 77" oled tv, bought from third party

angrybird

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I got 77" OLED tv,

currently, it's still under the 5 years warranty with the original buyer with Costco (not transferable) but happy to help out in case of a claim.

I have two boys about 10 years old, thus I would like to get insurance, against breaking.

The tv is worth about 5k, any advice?

Any decent Home Insurance with accidental damage should cover the 'football into screen' and similar scenarios.

It won't cover the TV just failing through normal use or the screen being burnt from leaving Mario Kart on pause.

EDIT £5k may need it specifying as a valuable item and increase the premium. Read your policy?

Any decent Home Insurance with accidental damage should cover the 'football into screen' and similar scenarios.

It won't cover the TV just failing through normal use or the screen being burnt from leaving Mario Kart on pause.

EDIT £5k may need it specifying as a valuable item and increase the premium. Read your policy?

I am just worried since I am not the direct purchaser of the tv, it might affect the claim.

I was thinking about specific tv insurance, as most things at home I am not too worried about. and thus have content insurance.

the problem with the insurance, you would not know how good \ bad they are unless there is a claim.

Read your current policy and see what cover you have and if it mentions need for receipts etc.,.
Then call them to discuss the scenarios you envisage and the fact you are not the original purchaser?

but
the problem with the insurance, you would not know how good \ bad they are unless there is a claim.
That applies to any and every insurer.

Worse with a special policy, you might find you have double insurance and then have the two fighting over which one is liable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom