Question Integrated Amp with DAC and Streaming suggestions

Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade my Yamaha RN-602 amplifier but I want to retain the some of the same features. As good as the Yamaha is, I can’t help but feel I can get a better and punchier sound by throwing some more money at my setup.

It needs to be able to drive my Monitor Audio Silver 6 floor standers. I have a long, thin family room and prefer a warmer more bass heavy sound. The room is 9 metres by 3 metres with the speakers either side of the 3 metre wall.

I want a one box solution stereo integrated amplifier with network streaming and DAC. It needs to have Spotify connect, a USB input for my FLAC collection and a phono stage. I like the idea of a Naim Atom but I can’t justify the cost given that I also want to get some bookshelf speakers for my summer house. I’m looking to spend between £800 -£1200 but could stretch to a little more for a great product.

I’m hoping to get some suggestions so I can book a slot with my local dealer and demo a few options. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I should be looking at?

The Yamaha RN803 is next up the ladder and has a bit more power and a basic room EQ system built in.

If you like the warmer sound then Marantz is a good start but it is likely to be a 2 box solution unless you look at the PM7000N.

My other go to for warmer sound would be NAD. This may do the job, the C368 with the additional Bluos card -

or if you have a demo and like it there are a couple second hand on ebay

The C388 is a step up and can be had exdemo for around £1k but you would then need the bluos module (£400).

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks for the suggestions. I used to own a Marantz ose 6010 amp back in the day which sounded really good. The PM7000N seems to tick all the boxes. It's not the best looking device but then my Yamaha isn't exactly cutting edge design!

I wasn't aware of the C368 but looks like a good option with the BluOS module.

The Cambridge Audio CXA61 (or more powerful CXA81) have all you want, apart from the Phono Stage.
I have the 61 and love the way it plays music. I'm running my TT via a CA Alva Duo and have my TV connected via Optical.
My MacMini/LaCie HDD containing my ripped audio files connect via USB (I drive this using BitPerfect on the Mac controlled by the Apple Remote app).
It also has Bluetooth so I can stream directly from my iPhone/iPad if I want.
Cambridge upgraded the DAC in the 61 & 81 over the older 60/80 and there much improved as a result.

I recently picked up the denon dra-800h. All the smarts you could need and seriously powerful 2 channel amp. Very pleased

I’m looking to upgrade my Yamaha RN-602 amplifier but I want to retain the some of the same features. As good as the Yamaha is, I can’t help but feel I can get a better and punchier sound by throwing some more money at my setup.

It needs to be able to drive my Monitor Audio Silver 6 floor standers. I have a long, thin family room and prefer a warmer more bass heavy sound. The room is 9 metres by 3 metres with the speakers either side of the 3 metre wall.

I want a one box solution stereo integrated amplifier with network streaming and DAC. It needs to have Spotify connect, a USB input for my FLAC collection and a phono stage. I like the idea of a Naim Atom but I can’t justify the cost given that I also want to get some bookshelf speakers for my summer house. I’m looking to spend between £800 -£1200 but could stretch to a little more for a great product.

I’m hoping to get some suggestions so I can book a slot with my local dealer and demo a few options. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I should be looking at?
I was going to suggest the Arcam SR250 which seems to tick most if not all of your boxes but the price has just gone up from £999 to £1299 :( (it was originally sold with a £2.5K RRP)
Arcam SR250 (Black)
but if interested amazon has a refub at £894 with 12 months warranty
Amazon product ASIN B08C36TGX2
Review: Arcam SR250 Stereo Receiver Review

Agree with @Ataripower about the DRA 800-h. I drive a pair of B&W 606s with it and it’s seriously good value for money. My other half loves playing the Killers on it via CD, Blu-ray or Spotify.

Great machine!

I recently picked up the denon dra-800h. All the smarts you could need and seriously powerful 2 channel amp. Very pleased

It seems a bit of a bargain too at £499 and so much connectivity and versatility. It has got me thinking...🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom