Question iPhone XR and Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital (Amp and DAC)

Nevets13

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to hook up my iPhone XR to a Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital Amp/DAC. In looking at several places on the web, I determined that I first needed an Apple Camera Connector Kit adapter, which I have. I've connected it to the Lightning port on the phone. I than ran a USB-A to USB-B cable from the CCK to the input on the back of the Head Box. I plugged the Head Box into the wall, and plugged in my Grado 225e headphones. However, the Head Box does not seem to recognize that it is hooked up to my phone (the blue light on the front of the Head Box is still blinking, not solid, and no sound is coming out of my headphones.) Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there a setting I might need to change on the iPhone? (FWIW, I am trying to hook this up to get better sound from Amazon HD on my phone). Thanks.

This should work. Have you swapped in a different usb cable?

(I have not tried this exact combo to the pro-ject but I have walked around a headphone audio show with iPad + cck to try the different DACs and amps with my own music)

This should work. Have you swapped in a different usb cable?

(I have not tried this exact combo to the pro-ject but I have walked around a headphone audio show with iPad + cck to try the different DACs and amps with my own music)

Thanks. I realized that I have a generic CCK, and cheap USB cable, and to your point the issue may lie there. I will buy an Apple CCK and a decent USB cable. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom