Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

Received Car insurance renewal and the price had gone up £32 from last year, not too bad but I always shop around and I managed to get a deal £56 cheaper for the same Cover. That’s £24 cheaper than I paid last year! :)

Received Car insurance renewal and the price had gone up £32 from last year, not too bad but I always shop around and I managed to get a deal £56 cheaper for the same Cover. That’s £24 cheaper than I paid last year! :)

Not to be a Tommy Two-Shits about it (I am), but I managed to write off my motorbike last year (cosmetic damage, all fixed now), laugh in the face of my current insurer's renewal quote and then not only get a way cheaper quote than last year, but add on a load of extras, including legal protection, leathers & helmet cover, Europe cover and full breakdown cover :cool:

Last years policy was £20 p/m, now £17 :)

If I had a BOOM! emoji, I'd be dropping it in right now.

Getting a company-wide day-off as thanks for keeping the lights on during the pandemic.

We are getting one this Friday.
Mind you I am working from home so will be doing a few things as we need to get things out.

We were told today that we can carry 10 days leave into next year, instead of the normal 5 days. This will also be the case for 2022.

Ours is ten as standard - I guess they will look later at how much holiday is piling up for what happens in 2021. We normally need to use carried over holiday by the end of March but that expiration was dropped for carried over 2019 holiday.

Ours is ten as standard - I guess they will look later at how much holiday is piling up for what happens in 2021. We normally need to use carried over holiday by the end of March but that expiration was dropped for carried over 2019 holiday.

I should have added, we need to use 5 of those days by end of March as normal, but the additional 5 days can be used anytime during the year.

The only thing we've got from our company is an email stating we can't cancel or amend any leave we've booked

We got told the same, plus we have to have taken 10 days holidays by end of June.

We were told today that we can carry 10 days leave into next year, instead of the normal 5 days. This will also be the case for 2022.

We’ll be allowed the usual 3! And no more.

We got told the same, plus we have to have taken 10 days holidays by end of June.

We aren't allowed to carry any over, ever. Also we have to use holiday by set times this year to avoid everyone taking it when lockdown is lifted, whenever that might be, if at all this year!

Another one that can't carry any leave over.

While they don't do rostered leave, if you haven't taken a week by end of March and another 2 weeks by end of September they're jumping on you.

We're only allowed 6 off out of the 22 on shift so it becomes a pain for some. Especially summer holidays, Christmas & New Year.

The fact the wife is 6 minutes quicker over 8 miles on her mountain bike after just 18 days.

Moving over 50 X 20 kg bags of stones from a pallet into back garden in under an hour just after finishing an 8 mile bike ride. Not bad for someone whose 8 months off his 50th birthday just wishes the wife could plan it a little better 😉

Last edited:
Getting a company-wide day-off as thanks for keeping the lights on during the pandemic.

Realising it's the Bank Holiday weekend also so woo hoo four day weekend.

Woo hoo five day weekend
I've tactically taken Wed-Fri off this week as well (though I worked today, so maybe I'll take that back next week), but yeah normally a nice four day weekend. They do the same at Easter to get a 5 day break :)

Tidying up my desk drawers and getting rid of some old 'PC' stuff I've collected over the years. :eek:

s8gfM6N.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom