Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

2 things:

1. PS3 gave up the ghost whilst watching a Blu-Ray, every time I tried a switch on all I got was a flashing red light and an auto shut down. A quick google led me to Youtube which recommend me do the following: Remove the hard drive. Place the PS3 upside down on a towel. Blow hot air through it for 30 mins or so with a hairdryer and allow to cool. Re-fit the hard drive and when re-booted it was actually working again!

2. My Bluesound Node 2 and Linn power amp in my kitchen system suffering with a ground loop problem intermittently for the last year or so leading to buzzing through the speakers. I've tried moving the components around & new interconnects but no luck. Again a quick google suggested I get an old USB lead and cut off the device end. Then I cut back all wires in the lead bar the black one (USB ground) which I connected to the earth pin of a 3 pin plug and plugged it in. The USB end was then inserted into the Bluesound Node USB input. All was switched on and TOTAL SILENCE!

No money spent and the satisfaction of repairing things myself :clap:

2 things:

1. PS3 gave up the ghost whilst watching a Blu-Ray, every time I tried a switch on all I got was a flashing red light and an auto shut down. A quick google led me to Youtube which recommend me do the following: Remove the hard drive. Place the PS3 upside down on a towel. Blow hot air through it for 30 mins or so with a hairdryer and allow to cool. Re-fit the hard drive and when re-booted it was actually working again!

2. My Bluesound Node 2 and Linn power amp in my kitchen system suffering with a ground loop problem intermittently for the last year or so leading to buzzing through the speakers. I've tried moving the components around & new interconnects but no luck. Again a quick google suggested I get an old USB lead and cut off the device end. Then I cut back all wires in the lead bar the black one (USB ground) which I connected to the earth pin of a 3 pin plug and plugged it in. The USB end was then inserted into the Bluesound Node USB input. All was switched on and TOTAL SILENCE!

It always surprises me how people actually find these fixes in the first place!

Desperation?

It's Google all the way down until you find a post in a forum found by an engineer of the product.

I'm sure I watched a video regarding a broken apple product and the guy googled it, and was told to stick it in the hot oven for a period of time and it fixed it... when apple were saying it would cost hindreds to replace... turns out (I think) it was something to do with the soldering had melted and warming it up made it melt again and go back into the correct position...!

The speed at which Matt Hancock shutdown Robert Preston from the ITV at the 5pm briefing. :laugh:

Let me guess what he asked.

Definitely irrational, filling the car with petrol. 55 days that last tank lasted but I reckon I can have her empty by the weekend (assuming I can get the wheel alignment sorted) 🙏

2 things:

If it fails again, stick the motherboard in the oven for 30 mins at 200c. That fixed mine back in the day, and also a graphics card that was going wonky.

If it fails again, stick the motherboard in the oven for 30 mins at 200c. That fixed mine back in the day, and also a graphics card that was going wonky.

Thanks, I did see that as a more dramatic option. I did swap out the laser about 5 years ago; that did involve some substantial dis-assembly of the PS3.

Definitely irrational, filling the car with petrol. 55 days that last tank lasted but I reckon I can have her empty by the weekend (assuming I can get the wheel alignment sorted) 🙏
I filled the family car up the day before lockdown and I put £20 in at the weekend (to tide us over, just in case) that I could’ve comfortably left longer. It’s the best part of this lockdown for me. My old mk5 Golf hasn’t had any diesel put in since the start of March (though it’s running VERY low at the moment) and thats usually my commuter car.

another nice bike ride last night.. :)

1590832719685.png

1590832731626.png

1590832749338.png

i got a decent bottle of rum from my lady's son for my birthday... i said "ooh, i'll keep that for a special occasion.."

then my lady reminded me I'd just turned 50 and what better occasion than that...well, not sure if occasion is the right word, but seems rude not to...

i got a decent bottle of rum from my lady's son for my birthday... i said "ooh, i'll keep that for a special occasion.."

then my lady reminded me I'd just turned 50 and what better occasion than that...well, not sure if occasion is the right word, but seems rude not to...
I'm looking forward to tonight's postings already :rotfl:

<subscribed>

I'm going for a wee - if a risqué post happens please save it incase it's mod-deleted before I get back.

I'm back - aw dang it did I miss it?

He fainted trying to open the bottle.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom