Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

Related to Jimmy Crack Corn I believe - but I don't care.

Thank you , lovely boy ❤
Off you go and treat yourself to a blonde moment - if she's in.
I think that’s the wrong way round, or maybe not :laugh:

5924F27D-B332-4258-9893-9B25155BDEAE.jpeg

Hey! Stop sinking to my level!

Can we use him to drill for oil?

For a long time. :rotfl:

Managed to have a ‘catch up’ meeeting with the boss today without anything unpleasant happening and without me saying inappropriate things :D

I have previous history. A couple of years ago in a stand up meeting I referred to one of the directors as ‘Mr fudgeing Tw@ty’ as a bit of light hearted banter.

During my interrogation and bollocking and written warning meeting with the head of HR I said in my defence that I hadn’t named him whilst saying that and hadn’t said anything to hint at who it may be. So in conclusion I believe it wasn’t my fault if all the others recognised him from what I’d said. That didn’t go down well either!!!

Oh well, we live and learn ;)

Not sure this is irrational, but my car passed its MOT today with only one advisory. I'm very happy with that as the last couple of years its cost me a few hundred quid to get it though.
Its interesting seeing the milage on the paperwork, thanks to the impact of covid I've only done 1400 miles in the last year.

Yes I know the feeling, I was embarrassed when i took my car for the mot and it had done 700 miles in the year. In fact today, I filled mine up with petrol for only the 2nd time this year,

That seems crazy to me. Between being a teacher and my wife being a nurse were still filling up plenty. That said, we’ve both done substantially fewer miles than in a ’normal’ year

Only 8k miles for me this year. Usually 20-22k miles / year.

I've worked from home since 2003 so don't have to travel for work, so the lockdown meant I really had nowhere to go in the car!

Yes I know the feeling, I was embarrassed when i took my car for the mot and it had done 700 miles in the year. In fact today, I filled mine up with petrol for only the 2nd time this year,

yep, filled my car up 3 times since the middle of March - as I normally do a 70 daily commute before working from home, and it's something i don't miss...

A little while ago, I think it was @aVdub recommended a glue which I bought on they're recommendation.
P1000446.JPG

I've used it very successfully on a few plastic repairs, but my worm feeder needed cleaning, and the design was such that it was near to impossible to strip down.

I bought a threaded rod and cut the eye off the plastic rod that was originally holding the feeder together, after cleaning and flattening both I tried the glue with the below result. It's been up for over a day now and seen the onslaught of about 20 starlings at once plus overnight rain.

I now can also recommend this glue, it works. :thumbsup:
P1000447.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom