Question Is 150" too big for my space? and other questions :)

@Triggaaar - just to give you an idea. I have just checked and I was quoted exactly €3999 for 3 seat Flex option (inc. delivery). by the French importer.

I had heated and massage seats on my old drinkstuff ones.

Massager was too noisy so never used it, heated seats were a benefit for the first few minutes when I went into my cold outbuilding, but honestly I’ve not missed them since moving to the octane seating.

Ask me again in December......

Yeh i agree, way too noisy. I don't use them either, bit of a novelty for the kids though.

Heated seats? Yeh again who needs them with a projector blowing hot air, just turned it on once to check if it works.

@Triggaaar - just to give you an idea. I have just checked and I was quoted exactly €3999 for 3 seat Flex option (inc. delivery). by the French importer.
Their site has prices up, and delivery to the UK is cheap, but the base prices are very high. I presume the prices you see on Amazon include everything (delivery and tax etc)?

Their site has prices up, and delivery to the UK is cheap, but the base prices are very high. I presume the prices you see on Amazon include everything (delivery and tax etc)?

I don't think the delivery rates from their website apply to Octane seats and UK / IRL.

My two seats were 150kg shipping weight :O

I don't think the delivery rates from their website apply to Octane seats and UK / IRL.

My two seats were 150kg shipping weight :O
Weird. I added the seats to my basket, and entered delivery address, and it gave the price. Anyway, the price before shipping was too much, so I'll stick to Amazon.

To all recliner users :). How do you decide on MLP for EQ mic measurements? Should I do REW and AVR / processor measurement in half reclined position as position I will use the most, most likely? But that is not ideal as not always fully repeatable? Or maybe fully reclined or fully seated?

I have bought from other forum member 1723s Monitors.

The main reason for going ahead with Monitors, rather then with Surround S which were also available, is that I can use them as L + R in case timbre matching of Arendals with my Zingali HomeMonitors 2.10+ would be too much. Also I am pretty sure I will eventually end up with AT screen and now I am sorted in terms of having same LCR stage and in sizes allowing to hide them behind the screen. 60cm deep Zingalis were never an option to go behind the screen and also it would be a shame to hide such beauties anyway.

But before AT screen mod, which would be no sooner then 1-2 years into the future, I have to decided if to use Monitors on stands as side or rear surrounds.

What would you do?

I can get better Dolby Atmos placement from using Monitors as side surrounds and Surround S as rear surrounds.

Would you see any reason why I should go the opposite? I plan to use Surrounds S with all internal speakers engaged.

By using Monitors as side surrounds I can place them 90' in relation to MLP. Something which I cannot do with Surrounds S as per the renders.

Quick reminder of the room layout:

HT Blue Room v2(10).png

HT Blue Room v2(9).png

Last edited:
Looking at the drawing, your side surrounds are just past 90 degrees right? Which is fine. All looking good.

How wide is the screen, and where are you at with masking options?

Looking at the drawing, your side surrounds are just past 90 degrees right? Which is fine. All looking good.

How wide is the screen, and where are you at with masking options?
They are quite far past 90'. They are actually out of spec for Dolby Atmos recommendation by few degree.

The thing is, I already have the Monitors so this render is no longer up-to-date with two sets of Surround S speakers in it. The question is, it better to have perfect placement for Dolby with Monitors to the left and right of the MLP or if maybe if the tripol speakers would be better placed on the left and right rather then the beck.

But I think probably Monitors as left and right surrounds makes more sense.

Masking is still in planning stages. The screen is close to 3m wide, why do you ask

They are quite far past 90'. They are actually out of spec for Dolby Atmos recommendation by few degree.
Yeah I can't imagine that'll matter.

The question is, it better to have perfect placement for Dolby with Monitors to the left and right of the MLP or if maybe if the tripol speakers would be better placed on the left and right rather then the beck.

But I think probably Monitors as left and right surrounds makes more sense.
How well do you think the monitors and tripols match your front speakers (for timbre), and why is it you have some monitors and some monopols?

Masking is still in planning stages. The screen is close to 3m wide, why do you ask
Just checking, I couldn't remember.

Yeah I can't imagine that'll matter.

Probably it would not but because I bought Monitors instead of 2nd pair of Surround S I have a freedom to place them at ideal 90' to MLP as per Dolby recommendation.

How well do you think the monitors and tripols match your front speakers (for timbre), and why is it you have some monitors and some monopols?

Timbre question is soon to be answered. Of course it is hard to predict. Zingali are horn loaded and MTM config. Arendal C is also MTM with wave guide which is kind of like a tiny horn ;) so maybe it will make things easier with integration.

The potential timbre mismatch is why I have bought Monitors rather then another pair of Surrounds. Monitors can be used as surrounds (same speakers as C), but Surrounds S cannot be used for L + R (I mean they can but the whole idea for me is to have matching LCR).

So by getting Monitors I am covering all bases plus I am ready for AT screen in the future :)

And to the answer for your last question. I think @mb3195 was using one pair of his triaxial as triaxial and other as monopoles for some time and he was happy with it so for sure it cannot sound bad at all :)

Progress was made ;)

Some load testing before mounting x7900.

20201011_152319.jpg

And the screen is up! Yay:

20201013_161850.jpg

20201013_161838.jpg

Both speakers and subs are just in the room. This is not their final positioning OFC.

Last edited:
Probably it would not but because I bought Monitors instead of 2nd pair of Surround S I have a freedom to place them at ideal 90' to MLP as per Dolby recommendation.

Timbre question is soon to be answered. Of course it is hard to predict. Zingali are horn loaded and MTM config. Arendal C is also MTM with wave guide which is kind of like a tiny horn ;) so maybe it will make things easier with integration.

The potential timbre mismatch is why I have bought Monitors rather then another pair of Surrounds. Monitors can be used as surrounds (same speakers as C), but Surrounds S cannot be used for L + R (I mean they can but the whole idea for me is to have matching LCR).

So by getting Monitors I am covering all bases plus I am ready for AT screen in the future :)

And to the answer for your last question. I think @mb3195 was using one pair of his triaxial as triaxial and other as monopoles for some time and he was happy with it so for sure it cannot sound bad at all :)
Triaxial works best for me as surrounds. Better dispersion even with backs and wides. Also less localisation

Triaxial works best for me as surrounds. Better dispersion even with backs and wides. Also less localisation

Once I finish v1 of this room v2 will be about getting AT screen and hiding LCR behind it. From the moment we all started conversation in this thread and the importance of AT screen was explained I knew I will most likely get tempted with trying it out :) It was one of the reasons for getting cheapest, of sensible quality, fixed screens I could find as I knew it is going to be eventually replaced for this or other reasons. Also by then I will know if I need 16:9 or if maybe scope is the way to go as the final format for the room.

Unless I am very happy with v1 and will have no urge to modify anything in it... it just does not read right even when I look at this sentence :D

If I go a head with v2 2nd pair of Surrounds will have to show up :)

Ordered the following recommended by @DodgeTheViper speaker stands:

Amazon product ASIN B01AXNY00O
Sadly they are no longer are available in UK so had to jump through hoops with forwarded to get them but from the price point of view it is good saving in compare to the likes of:

Last edited:
If you add an AT screen (which sounds like a good idea) the screen will then be off your wall, so the seat will go back, and the side surrounds will go back too. Given that's happening, I'd have thought you'd be better putting the side surrounds on the walls, and not bothering with the stands?

If you add an AT screen (which sounds like a good idea) the screen will then be off your wall, so the seat will go back, and the side surrounds will go back too. Given that's happening, I'd have thought you'd be better putting the side surrounds on the walls, and not bothering with the stands?

If the AT screen would be happening right now then absolutely but it is 1-2 years away from now.

When the AT screen is in place the seats might stay where they will be by then because the size of the screen will be smaller. I am at ~98% of available throw of PJ so the screen will have to shrink in order to be moved towards MLP.

Last edited:
If the AT screen would be happening right now then absolutely but it is 1-2 years away from now.
Understood.

When the AT screen is in place the seats might stay where they will be by then because the size of the screen will be smaller. I am at ~98% of available throw of PJ so the screen will have to shrink.
Although the screen will be smaller, it will closer to you by a larger percentage, so to keep the same ratio you'd need to move the screen back. But if it's a year or two off, let's not worry about that now :)

Because of the big differences that dedicated AMP has made to my tiny and highly efficient, in compare to Arelands, DT ProMonitors I knew I will want to power Arendals with dedicated amplification. Because of that I no longer needed AVR functionality. Which allowed me to move to processor setup for hopefully another nice gain in SQ.

I was eyeing mostly XMC-2, 8805, AVM60 and I was also considering importing Monoprice but in the end I ended up with Yamaha CX-A5200 :) which arrived just recently.

Still waiting for the AMP to arrive. Should not be long now.

Cheers

View attachment 1381006

Both speakers and subs are just in the room. This is not their final positioning OFC.

Question mate, I've bought the 120" version of this screen, quite one, I've not assembled yet as room not finished, however does the frame go flush OR is there a gap. Reason I ask this is I fancy some LED lighting around the frame coming from the back of it... but not sure it's possible if the frame is flush on the wall!

Question mate, I've bought the 120" version of this screen, quite one, I've not assembled yet as room not finished, however does the frame go flush OR is there a gap. Reason I ask this is I fancy some LED lighting around the frame coming from the back of it... but not sure it's possible if the frame is flush on the wall!

My setup is a tad different as I needed to off-set the frame with wooden blocks to clear the AC sockets on the wall but I am 90% sure you will have up to 1cm clearing maybe 5-6mm but there is a gap due to way it is mounted :). So the frame does not touch the wall. It is only 4 points where the flanges / brackets are which touch the wall.

Also what is very handy is that those brackets can travel freely in the groves on the frame so you can move the screen left to right without the need to re-drill the holes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom