Is full disclosure imminent?

There are a number of scientists that think our intelligence could have evolved through eating mushrooms, chemicals such as psilocybin, DMT etc. As these would have been far more abundant and probably formed part of early mans diet
I think it's more likely that it's the scientists who ate the mushrooms.

Or perhaps the better thing to do is, shut up, keep quiet, and pretend we're not here!

5308b9479ce256b0a2d09b5f6647d70a.png

Good questions, but think it through.

For argument's sake, let's assume the alien species is like us, looking at other stars for signs of life.

A planet which has developed life in parallel with the way Earth has would be identifiable as life-bearing from quite a long way away, because free oxygen in an atmosphere could only come from ongoing photosynthesis. We are close to being able to detect it in exoplanets up a few thousand light years. Needless to say, nothing has been found so far.

But if our aliens had FTL capability, then depending on its maximum warp factor, just like us they'd probably go to other stars simply because they could, for pure exploration. That way, they might well stumble upon us without previously knowing we're here. It's like early human explorers setting off into the unknown, with the major difference that the aliens know where they're going and how long it would take, though still without knowing what they'd find when they get there.

Free oxygen is the only technique we know of for detecting life in other star systems, and even that would not find those which didn't invent photosynthesis.

Civilizations like ours could only be detected by structured radio emissions. The trouble with that is the signals soon get swamped by background noise, and we could only detect ourselves at about a lightyear or less, so not even from the nearest star. Even in theory, with ideally sensitive equipment, we couldn't improve that by more than a lightyear or so. Also, despite our use of radio increasing hugely, its efficiency is improving such that the strength of our radio 'signature' is diminishing all the time. We only need a few watts of power these days to send a signal around the world. A few decades ago it was kilowatts. So we've probably already passed our peak of radio 'leakage'.

A directed radio signal, like that part of the Arecibo SETI project, is different. That's a narrow beam with the power to blast through the noise and reach across the Galaxy. But because it's narrow, looking for a signal from another star means either scanning the cosmos in a pattern search hoping for a coincidental hit (look up the 'WOW!' signal); or examining every star one at a time.
I can't remember who said this:

'We all know what a motorway is and it's function. Imagine an ant walking across a motorway, it would have no concept or idea of what it was traversing. If there's a civilization, millions or billions of years more advanced than us they might have a motorway running straight through The Solar System and who's to say we're not The Ant if that's the case.

The Vogans plan building an intergalactic highway through the solar system, the plans are available for viewing.

'We all know what a motorway is and it's function. Imagine an ant walking across a motorway, it would have no concept or idea of what it was traversing. If there's a civilization, millions or billions of years more advanced than us they might have a motorway running straight through The Solar System and who's to say we're not The Ant if that's the case.
Who indeed? Certainly not I.

Last edited:
I reckon we should harness the urge for sex in a space craft. That would impress the aliens as we have developed a sex drive - especially if it could go into hyperdrive warp factor 2.

There are a number of scientists that think our intelligence could have evolved through eating mushrooms, chemicals such as psilocybin, DMT etc. As these would have been far more abundant and probably formed part of early mans diet
I think you're confusing 'scientists' with the late, great Bill Hicks.

It an interesting subject isn't i guess people have to laugh otherwise we'd have to acknowledge that we have had the wool pulled over our eyes for years & years.

Unacknowledged 2017 i believe its still on Netflix.

Then there's are those interesting National Press Club briefings 2001

Then there's the citizen hearing 2013
Uncover The Truth About UFOs and The Worldwide Veil Of Secrecy

I don't know where i personally stand on all this but it seems to me we have become a very jaded race on most subjects these days that should really fill us full of wonderment & inquisitiveness, still there you are but i guess we have come a long way since Close Encounters of the Third Kind (a film favorite on this subject) & landing on the moon, it's all very compelling viewing.

But it should be strongly reinforced as stated in the first post in this thread that this is an unprecedented move by the Pentagon, this fact alone should be enough to make one pause for thought, because as they say if it isn't us who is it.

Last edited:
...But it should be strongly reinforced as stated in the first post in this thread that this is an unprecedented move by the Pentagon, this fact alone should be enough to make one pause for thought, because as they say if it isn't us who is it.
Unprecedented is just an emotive-loaded term for first time.

The Pentagon hadn't released the reports before. They have now. So what? Why they didn't before and why they have now might be good questions, but this is hardly ground-breaking news, especially as it says nothing new.

Nobody has ever questioned what the 'U' stands for. That includes the Pentagon.

@DPinBucks

The simple fact is this the US Air Force/Navy etc/Government have historicity always denied the existence of any UFO period.

So i agree with you why now is an excellent question any ideas?

This is the first time in my lifetime that this has happened (in fact ever) i'd say that's fairly unprecedented well for me anyway, obliviously not so for other's and yourself.

How come the strongest military power "apparently" on earth cannot identify multiple fast moving objects in its airspace? & admit to it, i'd say that's quite interesting wouldn't you.

Now as to what they are is of course the question that everybody interested in this subject matter would like answers to but i suspect we will never get them any time soon, as you say nothing to get excited about then.

All that matters for now is that we now know they are there & whatever they are there real, something long denied to us from an official standpoint in the past.

Where this all end's up is anybody's guess but its not going to end here is it, there will be more to come.

I'll just carry on watching & listening for those “fastwalkers” for now.

Last edited:
why now is an excellent question any ideas?
Maybe because they've come to a point where they have investigated for many years and have realised there isn't any reason to investigate any more, and there is no reason to continue to deny that they've been investigating... ie. there isn't anything more to say on the matter.

Maybe their focus is now on overcoming all the flat-earthers, 5G COVID-19ers, anti-vaxxers and climate change deniers... ;)

Perhaps they consider us as we consider most animals.
As long as they stay where they are supposed to be, don't cause us any problems, then we generally ignore them and let them get on with just doing what they do.

Perhaps we're the same, we're not doing anything enough to warrant anything being done about us yet.
Even if we mess around in our own backyard/solar system, it's probably safe enough to just let us get on with things.

We can observe each other up close without being detected, but an advanced intergalactic civilisation that has travelled hundreds of light years to observe us cannot?

Perhaps they want to be caught then? But in this era of millions of camera phones, why have sightings not increased?

I think you're confusing 'scientists' with the late, great Bill Hicks.

lol! :D

there was a point of time in our evolution where our intelligence grew exponentially compared with the previous x amount of years, so far this rapid expansion is yet to be explained or figured out. The consumption of mushrooms is just one theory which at present can’t be discounted

Short video, well worth a watch.
Speaking of the few different type's of hominids (humans) that were around, and our iteractions and how we were basically lucky we didn't die out as they did.
Makes you think how fragile we were and how all of this we think of now, could easily never have happened.

Perhaps they want to be caught then? But in this era of millions of camera phones, why have sightings not increased?

Yep you're right where you're heading with this. For the exact same reasons there isn't a good photo available of a ghost, the Loch Ness monster, or a Sasquatch.

A very similar idea was contained in Carl Sagan's book "Contact", later made into the film.

Maybe because they've come to a point where they have investigated for many years and have realised there isn't any reason to investigate any more, and there is no reason to continue to deny that they've been investigating... ie. there isn't anything more to say on the matter.

Maybe their focus is now on overcoming all the flat-earthers, 5G COVID-19ers, anti-vaxxers and climate change deniers... ;)
The idea that we have been visited was crazy a few years ago but mainstream science is turning towards it, check this from Wikipediahttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

Why is it that those amateur astronomers who spend their entire lives watching the skies never seem to record anything remotely suspicious?

George Alcock was an English amateur who discovered five Comets and five Nova using a pair of binoculars in his back garden. He started observing in 1930 and was 78 when he made his last discovery in 1991. He memorised the patterns of some 30,000 stars so that when sweeping with his binoculars he could tell at once if an "intruder" was present. He never reported any suspicious objects.

In the US, Leslie Peltier began observing the sky as young boy from his home in Ohio. He discovered twelve Comets and two Nova over a 60 year period. Again, he never reported any suspicious objects.

Just two examples of the many thousands of amateurs worldwide who spend every available hour observing the sky and who have never reported anything odd or mysterious. And yet, airline pilots, who probably spend half their time asleep, somehow manage to see all these strange phenomena that they cannot explain.

Of course, believing that we have been visited by another intelligence is far more exciting than the boring truth. A bit like astrology I suppose.

Why is it that those amateur astronomers who spend their entire lives watching the skies never seem to record anything remotely suspicious?

George Alcock was an English amateur who discovered five Comets and five Nova using a pair of binoculars in his back garden. He started observing in 1930 and was 78 when he made his last discovery in 1991. He memorised the patterns of some 30,000 stars so that when sweeping with his binoculars he could tell at once if an "intruder" was present. He never reported any suspicious objects.

In the US, Leslie Peltier began observing the sky as young boy from his home in Ohio. He discovered twelve Comets and two Nova over a 60 year period. Again, he never reported any suspicious objects.

Just two examples of the many thousands of amateurs worldwide who spend every available hour observing the sky and who have never reported anything odd or mysterious. And yet, airline pilots, who probably spend half their time asleep, somehow manage to see all these strange phenomena that they cannot explain.

Of course, believing that we have been visited by another intelligence is far more exciting than the boring truth. A bit like astrology I suppose.

Absolutely. Regarding astronomers here's a quote from Sir Patrick Moore on the subject.

"Our galaxy, one hundred thousand million stars, must be many millions of earths orbiting those stars, I'm sure many of them are inhabited, and in theory they could come here. But what I'm saying is there isn't the slightest shred of evidence any of them ever have."
Sir Patrick Moore in a TV interview

Last edited:
The idea that we have been visited was crazy a few years ago but mainstream science is turning towards it, check this from Wikipediahttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
That's not mainstream science; it's speculative science. It's perfectly good speculative science, but it's not really gaining adherents. It's been around as a respectable scientific idea for decades, and as an SF idea for rather longer.

The concept has no relevance to UFOs; nor is it even especially useful in explaining life on earth. It's very similar to @caldirun's idea about its origin in dust clouds

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom