Question is it possible to view recordings on another box on the same network

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi my mother had an old bt youview box and also has a Humax DTRT2000 box and i have a humax fox hdr t2 i could give her. So anyway to record on one of these boxes and view on another one ?
Thanks

If you are somehow talking about viewing over the computer network, then I would agree with VisionMan.

However, if you are talking about just the boxes and the TV, as long as she has enough HDMI sockets on the TV for all the boxes then, if you daisychain the aerial, it should be possible to do what you asked in the text of your post.

Last edited:
Okay the tv aerial goes into a powered box then to tv points in each room and she wants to be able to record on the living room tv box then either start to watch it or finish watching it in the bedroom

Not possible.
Wrong - it is quite easy but not cheap (requires one additional coax cable to either the bedroom (to view on that TV alone OR to loft box (with a coax combiner) to view on any TV). Requires a Digital modulator and HDMI splitter (around £160 total plus cabling). Only if bedroom TV has HD digital tuner

HDMI output of box fed to HDMI splitter (one output to TV and one to modulator). modulator coax output then fed to either loft box OR diirect to befroom.
HDMI Modulator

There is also an older cheper alternative if Bedroom TV has analogue TV tuner AND box with recordings has composite video or scart video output. This would use an analogue RF modulaator (to replace digitl modulator and HDMI splitter)
RF modulators

Picture quality in other rooms for HDMI modulator and TVs with HD Freeview tuners would be full HD - for analogue modulator best qualiy would be as old analogue UHF TV. Whichever i suitable depends on bedroom TV size (30 in and under would be a waste of HD

The products I have listed are just quick searches on ebay and not particularly recommendations but are similar to products I have used in the past

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Okay Dave, you do have a way with words 😏 I'll modify my answer, it's technically possible but not without spending a lot of money and a lot of faffing about.
I read the OP's requirement as his mother recording on a box in the Living room and then playing it back on another box connected to the TV in the bedroom picking up playback where she left off.

Okay Dave, you do have a way with words 😏 I'll modify my answer, it's technically possible but not without spending a lot of money and a lot of faffing about.
AV modulator listed £8.99 (p&p inc) + length of coax cable (pretty easy to fit in most cases)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom