Is my VR headset faulty?

trsh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello! Its my first exp. with VR headset. I bought Lenovo Explorer and have no games currently so checking out windows mixed reality portal. When I adjust the headset just right so the picture is crisp I see those Things especially on white stuff. Is it normal? I tried to make a PIC with my Phone and I succeeded to capture them. My video is GTX 750Ti.

IMG_20200610_210355_1.jpg

2020-06-10_211658.png

No thats normal, its just the way the screens are made. All HMDs have it to some extent. TBH once you get engrossed in a game you probably wont notice it as much.

Hi I use a standard pop360 portable headset similar to cardboard ones and an app called GizmoVr it's free to download from the play app store. I dont have any problems with mine. However I would like to try a real vr set not sure what to buy though, try Gizmovr you can download to it or watch your own vids from your smart phone in cinemas like format , hope this helps.

It's perfectly normal, it's called Screen Door Effect (SDE) and is caused by the lenses showing a highly magnified portion of a display so that you can see the tiny gaps between pixels.

After a while you'll learn to ignore it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom