Is there any RF Modulator, which can convert complete Cable frequencies to digital

FareedQuraishi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Question: I am looking for a RF modulator, which can convert complete analogue signal (e.g 48 MHz to 848 Mhz) to digital signal directly from cable input but not from HDMI/AV input.

Reason :

Recently I bought a set top box DVB-C, it only finds digital channels but can not find analogue signal. Now I want any modulator which can convert complete frequency band into digital signal so that the all channels frequency be digitised and can be utilised by STB

Attachments

• cABLE.jpg
    cABLE.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 53
No such thing. But virtually all TVs still have analogue reception so why would you need it?

You would need a separate receiver for each analogue channel and convert it to DVB. This would be a 2 step process, with the output from the receiver being baseband composite video and this being fed into a DVB modulator.

All this equipment exists, but with the move to digital now almost complete across most of Europe, Asia and America, you will probably find it hard to track down the receivers as standalone units and will need to use old VCRs. The DVB modulators are available in blocks of 4 or more, but make sure it has the AV input, not HDMI, or you will need another box to convert from AV composite video to HDMI! This: Conexer DVB-T Modulators - Antiference is the thing I am thinking of.

Not going to be cheap, may £350 per analogue channel.

You would need a separate receiver for each analogue channel and convert it to DVB. This would be a 2 step process, with the output from the receiver being baseband composite video and this being fed into a DVB modulator.

All this equipment exists, but with the move to digital now almost complete across most of Europe, Asia and America, you will probably find it hard to track down the receivers as standalone units and will need to use old VCRs. The DVB modulators are available in blocks of 4 or more, but make sure it has the AV input, not HDMI, or you will need another box to convert from AV composite video to HDMI! This: Conexer DVB-T Modulators - Antiference is the thing I am thinking of.

Not going to be cheap, may £350 per analogue channel.
Thanks a lot for reply, very good information provided in an easy way to make me understand

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom