Issues casting Dell XPS Windows laptop onto Samsung Frame TV

nexus5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am currently trying to cast the screen of my Dell XPS15 (running WIndows 10) onto my Samsung Frame TV.
I was able to do cast seamless using this same setup until a few months ago, all of a sudden it does not seem to work.
I note that I can still cast my Huawei Mate Pro 10 phone screen on to the Samsung Frame TV, so problem seems to be limited to the laptop. I've tried different approaches on numerous techie forums but none have worked.
The laptop can "see" the Samsung Frame TV in the list of wireless devices, but when it tries to connect it just keeps loading then says there is an error.
Both TV and Laptop are running on same wireless network.

Looking at Google searches, loads of people have encountered same thing, but solutions dont seem to work for many.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Unfortunately Windows relies on Miracast and there is very little to control or diagnose this sub-system with, it typically works or it doesn't.

The Miracast system is bound in part to WiFi as it wont function without a compatible WiFi adapter, you can actually use Miracast over ethernet on Windows but you need the WiFi for initial authentication.

You could try using a separate USB WiFi adapter on the PC (temp disable the existing one) and see if that changes anything or try connecting the TV and PC via ethernet in the hopes it resolves it.

It's possible some configuration or software change on the PC is blocking Miracast but hard to know what unless you want to do a full reset of the PC starting with a clean slate.

It costs money but a more reliable alternative is purchase a Google Chromecast and get Airparrot 2, this will let you treat the Chromecast/TV as a secondary PC monitor.

Thank you for this. I ended up going on sell support and reinstalling all drivers manually for videocard and the Bluetooth/wireless adapters seemed to work. However playing more CPU/graphics card intensive games like rainbow can't keep up on Bluetooth casting.

I will look into Chromecast+parrot config but in the end looks like I will spend more than just buying an Xbox once controllers etc are factored in. But that's completely my fault!!

Thanks again!

Unfortunately Windows relies on Miracast and there is very little to control or diagnose this sub-system with, it typically works or it doesn't.

The Miracast system is bound in part to WiFi as it wont function without a compatible WiFi adapter, you can actually use Miracast over ethernet on Windows but you need the WiFi for initial authentication.

You could try using a separate USB WiFi adapter on the PC (temp disable the existing one) and see if that changes anything or try connecting the TV and PC via ethernet in the hopes it resolves it.

It's possible some configuration or software change on the PC is blocking Miracast but hard to know what unless you want to do a full reset of the PC starting with a clean slate.

It costs money but a more reliable alternative is purchase a Google Chromecast and get Airparrot 2, this will let you treat the Chromecast/TV as a secondary PC monitor.

Video casting is done over wi-fi direct.

Bluetooth doesn't support any form of real time video stream as far as I'm aware, only audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom