Question iTunes Alternative

electech

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good alternative to Apple's ITunes program.
Cheers

For use on what? iPhone/iPad/Mac or PC?
To listen to music?
iTunes is no more, it's been replaced by the “Music” app.

Hi,
I will be using it on an Iphone X and an IPad Pro, today I downloaded a free trial of WinX Media Trans to try out.
So far with limited use of it, it looks as if it might do the job.
The downside of it is I cant seem to store everything in the program on the PC, as I could do on the old ITunes.

It is only for Mac OS that iTunes is no more and spun off into separate apps for music, podcasts, books etc

iTunes still exists on Windows

I dont really get the hate for iTunes, i've always got on with it and found it pretty easy to use. I dont need to use it as much these days as i have Apple Music but prior to this i always found it pretty simple for getting music onto my phone, doing back ups, updates etc.

It is only for Mac OS that iTunes is no more and spun off into separate apps for music, podcasts, books etc

iTunes still exists on Windows

I was under the impression that the changes to ITunes was across all platforms, but as I am using Windows 10, I will continue to use it. Thanks for putting me straight.

I dont really get the hate for iTunes, i've always got on with it and found it pretty easy to use. I dont need to use it as much these days as i have Apple Music but prior to this i always found it pretty simple for getting music onto my phone, doing back ups, updates etc.

I feel the same as you and have had no problem with ITunes. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was looking for an alternative as I thought it was going to be scrapped.

iTunes lost the ability to download apps to install on an iPhone/iPad or change your home screen layout but as it stands you can still use it to organise your music, do back ups, iOS software updates, restores, add files into other apps that allow it.

At the moment I am still playing with the free trial WinX Media Trans, it seems to be doing everything I need it to do, so I might buy it.

At the moment I am still playing with the free trial WinX Media Trans, it seems to be doing everything I need it to do, so I might buy it.

Why would you pay for something that iTunes can do for free???

If you are really that fussed about using it it appears you can get it for free currently :-

I had a brief look at the software yesterday as there was this free licence knocking about. I'll be honest i was struggling to see the appeal of it. I couldnt see anything in there that would make me pay for it.

I must apologise for not replying sooner but the notifications I received ended up in the spam folder for some reason.
I still haven't made up my mind if I am going to buy it or not, because since I downloaded the trial version, I have only used it once.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom