iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

I wonder where it's come from and why it's suddenly appeared. That usually only happens if it becomes UHD

So - logged onto Vudu this morning to see that Darkest Hour is available in my Vudu library and I've just checked and it is available in my MA library.

This is special because it's a UV title that's ported over somehow.

It was a UK Google Play purchase in January. Unless I've bought it elsewhere too at some point. Either way, things seem to have started in terms of porting the library over.
This has happened to me too today - I had this as a UV redemption in my Flixster account but suddenly today its appeared in my Vudu account and also ported to MA.

That’s the second film that’s happened to me on recently, the other being Pacific Rim Uprising.......very odd.

This has happened to me too today - I had this as a UV redemption in my Flixster account but suddenly today its appeared in my Vudu account and also ported to MA.

That’s the second film that’s happened to me on recently, the other being Pacific Rim Uprising.......very odd.
I've just had a couple of films from UK UV codes, which I redeemed on Flixster last year, that originally didn't port to MA/US itunes, but have now just appeared in my US itunes account. I had been wondering if there may have just been a change in film distributor in either UK or US. Men in Black 3 (4K) and Fifty Shades Freed HD (err, dont' ask, the latter came included with a bundle of codes I bought off ebay). However Darkest Hour remains in my Flixster account from last year but hasn't yet ported to US itunes or UK Google play.

As far as I know, Men in Black franchise has always been (& still is) Sony.

I've just had a couple of films from UK UV codes, which I redeemed on Flixster last year, that originally didn't port to MA/US itunes, but have now just appeared in my US itunes account. I had been wondering if there may have just been a change in film distributor in either UK or US. Men in Black 3 (4K) and Fifty Shades Freed HD (err, dont' ask, the latter came included with a bundle of codes I bought off ebay). However Darkest Hour remains in my Flixster account from last year but hasn't yet ported to US itunes or UK Google play.
Curiouser and curiouser.........o_O

Men in Black 3 has always ported to MA from Flixster.

I see the spreadsheet has been updated with pretty much everything now saying Not UV and all reference to titles porting from UK has been removed.

My Itunes account does say MIB3 was added this week, though I guess a previous ported version may have been withdrawn/reissued, or it may be the 4K version that has appeared. In any event Fifty Shades Freed definitely didn't port till now.
upload_2019-7-3_22-15-23.png

Many UK UV codes are still working/porting to MA fine, I've just inputted a code from The Night Before UK bluray that worked a few days ago
upload_2019-7-3_22-19-5.png

My Itunes account does say MIB3 was added this week, though I guess a previous ported version may have been withdrawn/reissued, or it may be the 4K version that has appeared. In any event Fifty Shades Freed definitely didn't port till now.
View attachment 1168964

Many UK UV codes are still working/porting to MA fine, I've just inputted a code from The Night Before UK bluray that worked a few days ago
View attachment 1168965
Not sure what’s been the issue with than one then, mine was redeemed in 2013 and ported over as soon a all the links were connected to MA.
D88D8BFD-4FF8-47EE-A75D-EC26C7812290.jpeg

Maybe it is the 4K thing then as 2013 redemption wouldn’t have been a UHD code.

*Newbie Alert*

OK, so I've managed to get a Movies Anywhere account.
Now if I buy a 4K movie that's a VUDU code will it transfer to my iTunes account via MA and show up in my iTunes library. I play my movies via the apple tv app on my Samsung Q8

e.g so if bought Avengers Infinity War via VUDU in 4k would it play in iTunes in 4k?

*Newbie Alert*

Now if I buy a 4K movie that's a VUDU code will it transfer to my iTunes account via MA and show up in my iTunes library. I play my movies via the apple tv app on my Samsung Q8

e.g so if bought Avengers Infinity War via VUDU in 4k would it play in iTunes in 4k?
Have you read all of the first post? Everything you need/want to know is in there.

*Newbie Alert*

yes and unfortunately, for some reason my brain can't fathom it.
There’s a whole section about 4K.
But to answer this particular movie, Disney do not do 4K in iTunes.

There’s a whole section about 4K.
But to answer this particular movie, Disney do not do 4K in iTunes.

So if I buy say Inception 4k on Vudu and redeem via MA or VUDU itself it will transfer to my iTunes library and play in 4k too?

*Newbie Alert*

Don't worry I had the same "challenges" & didn't get it! If you link the MA to your UK Google Play account though your titles will "flow down" to that &, in the case of Disney / Marvel, will be 4k AND will be playable on your TV without the need for a VPN or US iTunes account.

For any non-MA studio (Paramount, Lionsgate etc), a Vudu title won't transfer anywhere else at the moment.

There are also a few oddities that redeem 4k only in certain places or where the 4k UHD code doesn't give 4k version anywhere and you have to buy a proper code from that vendor.

Any ideas if I redeem a 4k code of waterworld in Ma it will carry to iTunes if/when it becomes available there?

Any ideas if I redeem a 4k code of waterworld in Ma it will carry to iTunes if/when it becomes available there?
Should do. The deciding factor on what quality something ports to another service is what it says in the transaction history in MA. ie as long as something in MA transaction history says ‘Movies Anywhere/iTunes/VUDU • 4K’ then it will go 4K on any other service if they have it in 4K.

Waterworld should show in the transaction history as ‘Movies anywhere • 4K’

Last edited:
Any news at all anywhere about whether we in the UK will ever get 4k digital redeems for our native 4k UHD with digital code purchases, or indeed any redeems at all after the end of July (I assume Google Play will be the route for that, and so no 4k :()

By the way Waterworld shows as a 4k redeem on Movies Anywhere. As I understand IF it wasn't available on iTunes in 4k at the time you redeem via MA, you wouldn't get an iTunes upgrade to 4k if that happened later, but equally if you redeemed at iTunes while it was HD only on there, & it got the upgrade to 4k later, you would get that as a upgrade in your iTunes library, but your MA & related would stay HD. At least that's what I think, but irrelevant as looks like iTunes is 4k too!! :D

Currently the only info available is that the future seems to be Google Play going forward.
Who knows, maybe there’ll surprise us come the 31st but it’s not looking very likely.

Sitting on a bunch of unredeemed UK 4k codes. Assume folks are waiting until after 31st on the basis that the worst they will be is HD which is what we're getting atm!!??

Also there's a few "orphaned" titles sitting in Flixster which we're assuming will get ported to Google Play when that disappears?

Sitting on a bunch of unredeemed UK 4k codes. Assume folks are waiting until after 31st on the basis that the worst they will be is HD which is what we're getting atm!!??
I’m guessing most here gave up on UK codes a quite some time ago. Especially since most were only providing Google Play redeems.

Sorry don’t know if this is the correct place to ask, just ordered the UK matrix box set which seems to come with digital codes, what options are there to redeem these ?
Thanks

Should have said I did a search and what I assumed was redeem through WB then onto my MA account and just meant to ask if this was the best route

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom