ITV HD has stopped working on my humax

Otto Chriek

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Humax Foxsat HDR and recently ITV HD has become a black screen with a dim Dolby Symbol in the top right of the screen. I wonder if anyone else has this problem and could kindly supply Me with a way to fix it.

On another subject BBC HD now seems to be transmitting soft garbage quality rubbish that must be verging on breaking the trades descriptions act by describing it as HD.

All in all the Freesat Hd experience for Me is very poor indeed at the moment.

On another subject BBC HD now seems to be transmitting soft garbage quality rubbish that must be verging on breaking the trades descriptions act by describing it as HD.

All in all the Freesat Hd experience for Me is very poor indeed at the moment.
Same PQ on every HD programme? Are you sure you are viewing on the HDMI output and not SCART?

Thank you for your suggestions they are much appreciated.

I have read elsewhere that a factory reset will not effect existing recordings, but to be on the safe side I will archive a few recordings before going ahead with the reset. If it works I will post a note so as to help anyone else who has this problem.

As for BBC HD I have it connected by HDMI set to 1080i. My meaning was to convey disappointment with the quality of this channel in general. Since the recent reduction in bit rate all the programmes I have seen have been quite underwhelming, hardly better than SD and in the case of "Enid" worse than SD. I do accept that I may have just been unlucky in my choice of programmes.

I cant get ITV (or STC) HD either, bit disappointed tbh, only have BBC HD not really good enough.

Thank you for your suggestions they are much appreciated.

I have read elsewhere that a factory reset will not effect existing recordings, but to be on the safe side I will archive a few recordings before going ahead with the reset. If it works I will post a note so as to help anyone else who has this problem.

As for BBC HD I have it connected by HDMI set to 1080i. My meaning was to convey disappointment with the quality of this channel in general. Since the recent reduction in bit rate all the programmes I have seen have been quite underwhelming, hardly better than SD and in the case of "Enid" worse than SD. I do accept that I may have just been unlucky in my choice of programmes.

It most certainly won't affect any existing recordings but it will delete your recording schedule and any non-freesat channels you mave have added. It also resets to defaults any changes you may have made to preferences

I had this problem over a year ago, and a factory reset did indeed fix it.

As for BBCHD quality, there is definitely room for improvement. I think the BBC might still use 'older' HD equipment for some of it's programmes.

I cant get ITV (or STC) HD either, bit disappointed tbh, only have BBC HD not really good enough.

Likewise I have the Humax Foxsat and have never received ITV HD. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

Likewise I have the Humax Foxsat and have never received ITV HD. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

Same advice a factory reset. If that does not work return it as faulty. Remember ITV HD is not a full time channel you can only receive it by pressing the red button whem it's actually transmitting a programme

I have now done the factory reset and can confirm that this has fixed the problem and that ITV HD now works again.

May I pass on My thanks to All those who have helped me resolve this problem.:)

Same advice a factory reset. If that does not work return it as faulty. Remember ITV HD is not a full time channel you can only receive it by pressing the red button whem it's actually transmitting a programme

I have ITV HD on channel 111 and don't remember ever having to access it via the red button?

What am I doing right for a change graham?

Vin Blanc

You're 10 years in the future

What an idiot? I hadn't noticed the date on GLT's post.

That's what old age does, I think it must be the early onset of "premature Rigor Mortis"

Vin Blanc

I have ITV HD on channel 111 and don't remember ever having to access it via the red button?

What am I doing right for a change graham?

Vin Blanc

When Freesat was first launched ITV-HD didn't have a FTA broadcast licence for the HD channel. To get over this Freesat transmitted ITV-HD as data from the home transponder. Freesat had a data licence for the home transponder, which was on a different satellite and a pan Europe beam. You accessed this by pressing the red button. while viewing the SD epg data. This allowed Freesat to claim the channel was unique to Freesat (You could only watch it using a Freesat+ HD box. Though Sky a bit later came up with a fix that allowed it to be viewed on a Sky-HD box.

ITV-HD moved to a proper channel with it;s own epg using 11097 V on 26/02/2014. At same time the Sky-epg data joined the Freesat epg data on 11097 V.

You clearly aren't old enough to remember this arrangement, :D

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom