Jack Charlton

jarraman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am saddened by the passing away of a great servant for both Leeds United and England, and as a former manager for the Republic of Ireland.

I believe That Jack Charlton so enjoyed his time in Ireland he expressed a feeling he would one day like to be buried in that country. I am just wondering if that will take place. This request made by Charlton many many years ago in a TV programme.

He made the people happy....as the saying goes. He brought so much joy to the country in terms of Euros and World Cups. Sure the football wasn't technically great but you play to your strengths and Rep. Ireland gave it as lash back then and competed with the best of them.

I was at Lansdowne Road for his first home game in charge and was at Anfield for his final game in the Euro playoff against the Dutch.

Great times, great occasions and it brought the country together (like Euro 96 for England or World Cup 2006 did for Germany). Everyone was into the national team.....same can't be said these days.

RIP Jack and thank you for the great times (like the picture below from Stuttgart)
CNV00001.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom