January 2020 Photo Compeition - Launch & Discussion Thread

Zone

Reaction score
Happy New Year one and all, I hope the festive season has been kind to you?

Well done to spannersatcx for winning Decembers 2019 competition.

The Theme was "The small pleasures in life" which he won with this picture

To kick off the New Year he has chosen the theme Structure

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition closes Wednesday 29th January around 6pm but could be earlier :D

Nice theme. I need to figure out another online photo site as Flickr limits to 1000 photos these days and I simply can’t be areas to start deleting my work from there just to be able to put more in, as I’m not paying for their pro anymore, bloody capitalists... :mad:

Nice theme. I need to figure out another online photo site as Flickr limits to 1000 photos these days and I simply can’t be areas to start deleting my work from there just to be able to put more in, as I’m not paying for their pro anymore, bloody capitalists... :mad:

If it's just for the competition then you can just upload the image here.
If you're happy with Flickr but don't want to pay for the Pro account then you can't you just register a new account with a new Gmail (or similar) account and carry on there?

Apathy meant I allowed my Pro to renew this year, I couldn't be bothered to trim my collection and didn't want the older images to delete automatically.
They sent me an email saying that it was still losing money and would I promote them with this 25% off offer - which is the equivalent of £2.99 a month (paid annually)
Upgrade everything you do with Flickr | Flickr

TBH I've been unimpressed with what Smug Mug have done with Flickr since they took over (i.e. nothing that interests me at all). I can't see I'll be renewing again unless something significant changes.

Smug mug didn’t really improve anything. To be honest, I feel like the opposite happened... But, you’re correct. I can just start another Flickr account for this purpose. Why didn’t I think of that :)

To be fair they've undergone a massive infrastructure change moving it to Amazon services - but apart from some supposed reliability improvements it's made no difference to the users.
They've also added some partnerships but again I don't get much even from my Pixsy subscription - which seems to just be a way to use me to train their AI to realise that everyone has taken a picture of The Space Shuttle in D.C and the gates of Versailles ;)
Being invited to get people to sign up to Pro for 20% less than I've just paid is a bit of a bitter taste too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom