Jaws: 45th Anniversary Edition 4K

I've just whacked an order in for the US version that comes with the Digital offering..my mates used to take the mick out for me for loving this film, fake rubber shark and all that...i don't care, its cinematic heaven, and still as tense as ever..love it.

I've just whacked an order in for the US version that comes with the Digital offering..my mates used to take the mick out for me for loving this film, fake rubber shark and all that...i don't care, its cinematic heaven, and still as tense as ever..love it.

You’re gonna need a bigger selection of mates...

Seems like we have a winner then when it comes to the transfer. Was it ever in doubt. Not really. :thumbsup:

I don’t know how that site can only score the movie a 4.5/5 though. The same score they gave to Rise of Skywalker :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Seems like we have a winner then when it comes to the transfer. Was it ever in doubt. Not really. :thumbsup:

I don’t know how that site can only score the movie a 4.5/5 though. The same score they gave to Rise of Skywalker :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

suppose films are always subjective to the reviewers taste, but yes I agree that is ridiculous. I always enjoy their AV narratives though.

my mates used to take the mick out for me for loving this film, fake rubber shark and all that...

I hate to break it to you Mr N, but they were wrong :)

One of the best ever and probably the tipping point of me going from watching films to being obsessed by them.

If it was a Criterion release it would have been 5/5 for everything regardless of facts ;) . Its a great site but the site reviews are sketchy to say the least. There have been instances of UK releases getting say 4/5 for PQ and then an US release with exactly same transfer (or slightly worse!) getting 5/5...

Pah, what do they know. Jaws is cinematic perfection. :)

That screen grab of the typewriter on the review, once I noticed it as I got older I always loved how Coroner was spelt wrong on the report. I've seen this listed as a cock up on some sites but I've always took it that Brody isn't quite great at being an admin guy considering his on the beat cop background in New York. Nothing like buggering things up in a new job roll Lol.

Amazon emailed me the other day to say that deliveries of this were being pushed back due to Coronavirus.

Cancelled and ordered fro Zavvi instead, can't wait to see this.

They obviously don't know what the film is about...its not about sharks its about the relationship between the 3 main characters mainly, same with Rocky, not about boxing..its a love story,,between Rocky and Adrian

Amazon emailed me the other day to say that deliveries of this were being pushed back due to Coronavirus.

Zavvi are pretty slow at the moment, I'm still waiting for them to dispatch an in stock order that I placed last weekend and my last preorder with them was delivered nearly 2 weeks after release date. Despite the email from Amazon I'm still hopeful that my steelbook will be delivered around the release date. Jaws UHD has to be classed as a priority item, right?

They obviously don't know what the film is about...its not about sharks its about the relationship between the 3 main characters mainly, same with Rocky, not about boxing..its a love story,,between Rocky and Adrian
Although it’s a little bit about a shark! 😂

Although it’s a little bit about a shark! 😂
a little bit..but only how the characters bounce off each other in dealing with "Bruce" :laugh:

zavvi (for me) have been as slow as treacle. 3 weeks from ordering an in stock Jungle Book to dispatch then another week to receiving.
May be different for new releases but personally I went for zoom who got me my 1917 on release day

I went with Zavvi as a recent order arrived ahead of the scheduled release date.

If it looks like they're being slow I'll try to source one elsewhere but I'll wait for release day before I resort to that.

Mines on order from zoom! Can not wait!

I've ordered Jaws from HMV. My previous pre-order with them of 1917 got delivered on the day of release.

I've ordered Jaws from HMV. My previous pre-order with them of 1917 got delivered on the day of release.

That‘s where I pre-ordered my copy from. Haven’t used them since the Corinavirus hit though so don’t know if I‘ll get it early, on release day or late. 🤞

I ordered The Rise Of Skywalker on UHD from Zavvi ahead of its release and it wasn’t dispatched until release day, and didn’t arrive until the following Monday, so I thought I’d try my luck with HMV for Jaws.

Last edited:
That‘s where I pre-ordered my copy from. Haven’t used them since the Corinavirus hit though so don’t know if I‘ll get it early, on release day or late. 🤞

I ordered The Rise Of Skywalker on UHD from Zavvi ahead of its release and it wasn’t dispatched until release day, and didn’t arrive until the following Monday, so I thought I’d try my luck with HMV for Jaws.
I ordered 1917 from Zavvi (steelbook version), and that arrived before the due release date. From memory I got it two days ahead of the date.

Jaws is on ITV4 tonight at 9pm funnily enough. I’ll wait for my ad free, 4K copy before watching it again though. 😉

Really looking forward to seeing Mayor Vaughn's jacket in all its HDR glory.
1590484897378.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom