JBL Synthesis SDP 55

I’ve been keen on the idea of separate upgradable DACs as well, probably a little OTT but the idea appeals

I am contemplating to buy the SDP-55 to upgrade from an Arcam 390. Is this stupid? Got a really nice price...

Any comments about this would be nice :).

It is an AV40 with slightly better DACs, L16 and Dante. Pretty stable now although Dante isn’t quite stable yet. A definite upgrade over the 390

It is an AV40 with slightly better DACs, L16 and Dante. Pretty stable now although Dante isn’t quite stable yet. A definite upgrade over the 390

Sounds nice :). Pushing the buy button is getting really close.
Even mrs Nimman said this is OK.
Thanks for the reply!

Krobar, thanks for your post :).
1 year later and I am still in love with it. A really good sonic performer!

I went from 390 to Emotiva XMC-2 it was a big step up, the SDP-55 will be the same, they run Dirac much better and the Arcam was very constricted with speakers etc

As it’s 1st February, the replacement SDP-58 is due to be released.

Any one know how to get the 2 trigger outputs to work as it won't turn on my power amps .

Isnt there an option to enable 12 v triggers in the menu?

Isnt there an option to enable 12 v triggers in the menu?
That was a waste of time. Its got an error code so no sound either 😕

I didn't realise there was an option to enable them? I just connect one from the JBL to one power amp and another from the first amp to the next amp. Are you sure you have it connected properly?

New one out tomorrow to try.

All set up just been listening to music with no eq. Will run Dirac after.

Attachments

• 20220218_162519.jpg
    20220218_162519.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 56
Interested to see how you think it compares to the AVM70 which I know you highly rated.

Thanks to nick from the Sound Counsel for the demo JBL and the better microphone.
Just finished running Dirac. All ready to go.
20220218_204155.jpg

I do like the look of them but it's just a better looking arcam 40, even the crap remote is the same!🤔
Think it's got a better dac.

Oh now that sounds like a good story. Why jblsdp55 over avm70?

I imagine they are both great machines.

Is that an Earthworks M30 ?
Waiting to hear your thoughts. How was running Dirac, any easier on the JBL

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom