JL Audio subwoofers thread

YES i Had the PSA S3000i and i must admit the E112 is that good.... ;)The best Subwoofer i have owned :D and when Manny did is magic on it setting it up, Say no more.

That’s is some serious endorsement! The only negative for me about the e sub is the lack of balanced connection.

That’s is some serious endorsement! The only negative for me about the e sub is the lack of balanced connection.
Don't judge the book by it's cover because it has no balanced connection !! go and have a Demo of the E112 and hear how good it is without.

Hi dean,
I have it sat in the rear left corner of me, we have no localisation what so ever with it been a signal sub and setup correctly (for info)
I was a bit concerned going from 4 >2>then to 1, but there was no need, the sub i selected fills the room way more then the 2 MK's and some, no loss in performance or bass dispersion, there is more of a gain in performance and quality
It's been said, once you have had 2 you would never go back to 1...Mmmmm it only took 1 Mike Tyson in the ring:thumbsup:

Hi dean,
I have it sat in the rear left corner of me, we have no localisation what so ever with it been a signal sub and setup correctly (for info)
I was a bit concerned going from 4 >2>then to 1, but there was no need, the sub i selected fills the room way more then the 2 MK's and some, no loss in performance or bass dispersion, there is more of a gain in performance and quality
It's been said, once you have had 2 you would never go back to 1...Mmmmm it only took 1 Mike Tyson in the ring:thumbsup:

Does the f212 really count as 1 sub :D.

just looked at it, yup there is only 1

when i first had a pair of E112’s they were in the dark room and we’re competing against a pair of Fathom F113 V1’s.

I actually remember saying to Manny at the time

“why will anyone buy a Fathom now”

i’m not saying this is the reason but not long after, maybe 12/15 months, JL launched the V2 Fathoms as i felt they’d made the E series too good.
Hi
I know F112 V2 has extra power compared to E112 but, apart for a bit more power and maybe reaching a couple Hz lower, in what other aspects of sound is the F112 V2 improving over the E112 to justify almost doubling the price?

thanks?

Hi
I know F112 V2 has extra power compared to E112 but, apart for a bit more power and maybe reaching a couple Hz lower, in what other aspects of sound is the F112 V2 improving over the E112 to justify almost doubling the price?

thanks?

I know cosmetic theres the finish although would imagine given the additional weight its more than just for show / will have some sonic benefits from the construction, you have the EQ system too (D-ARO), sure Alan can fill you in more than me though.

Its a fantastic sub, I went for a F112 V2 a couple years back and have zero regrets. Underpins my speakers perfectly and transformed my set up,

You’re best to go have a listen to both then you can see if you feel its worth the additional outlay as only yourself can answer that question, always good fun to demo too!

I know cosmetic theres the finish although would imagine given the additional weight its more than just for show / will have some sonic benefits from the construction, you have the EQ system too (D-ARO), sure Alan can fill you in more than me though.

Its a fantastic sub, I went for a F112 V2 a couple years back and have zero regrets. Underpins my speakers perfectly and transformed my set up,

You’re best to go have a listen to both then you can see if you feel its worth the additional outlay as only yourself can answer that question, always good fun to demo too!
Thanks.
Frankly, for near double the price of an E112 I‘d really expect some solid sonic improvements clearly outperforming the E112 more than just adding Auto EQ, and marginal more amplifier power reaching a 1-2 Hz lower. I know F112 V2 has better build, more sophisticated driver and amplifier etc so although I have read several posts in this thread that says F112 is a “step up” from E112 but I haven’t found any comments making and detailing those differences in a direct comparison (I have read many posts but not the entire thread). Maybe Allan @Ideal AV would be so kind to share some honest comments detailing the differences he found in a direct comparison.
By the way unfortunately it’s impossible to me to take a listen to them close to my where I live.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Frankly, for near double the price of an E112 I‘d really expect some solid sonic improvements clearly outperforming the E112 more than just adding Auto EQ, and marginal more amplifier power reaching a 1-2 Hz lower. I know F112 V2 has better build, more sophisticated driver and amplifier etc so although I have read several posts in this thread that says F112 is a “step up” from E112 but I haven’t found any comments making and detailing those differences in a direct comparison (I have read many posts but not the entire thread). Maybe Allan @Ideal AV would be so kind to share some honest comments detailing the differences he found in a direct comparison.
By the way unfortunately it’s impossible to me to take a listen to them close to my where I live.

my totally honest opinion is that the Esub 12 is an excellent subwoofer in many ways but the Fathom F112 V2 is on a completely different level.

Yes it has superior build quality, 18 band Digital DSP and a superior driver, we know that, but what you don’t know when comparing the subs, the F112 is more musical, digs deeper and hold transients longer so when the Esub 12 rolls off the F112 is still producing clean bass.

Listening to both, the Fathoms are cleaner and more accurate, bass slam is very evident and effortless but when listening to music they are very subtle when needed to be and quite a few 2 channel listeners are tuning in to them and adding them to their music systems creating full range 2 channel setups.

To simplify there is no substitute to having a demo and if budget runs to Fathoms then i’d be gobsmacked if you didn’t like what you hear

Let me know if you want a demo, where abouts are you btw

cheers

Allan

A nice video showing the build up of the JL Audio Dominion 10, the Dominion 8 is exactly the same but uses an 8'' driver and an obviously smaller dimension cabinet. Build quality is identical on both driver and cabinet construction

The JL E series is now 6 years old so one would guess a new E v2 series would be on the horizon?

The JL E series is now 6 years old so one would guess a new E v2 series would be on the horizon?

I contacted JL about this around 6/8 weeks ago and they said there were no plans to change the E series

I contacted JL about this around 6/8 weeks ago and they said there were no plans to change the E series
I do hope that over the course of the past years they changed the amp to make it more reliable. Now, some will say this is a non-issue since this is mostly a mostly a JL Audio fan base club but I have experienced amp issues myself since I‘ve used to have JL E series subs. And my dealer also ran in similar cases even with Fathom range. In the end most of the amp components are insourced.

Please see below link for a awesome review of the JL Audio IWSv2-SYS-213

JL Audio Fathom IWSv2-SYS-213 In-Wall Subwoofer System

also a couple of photo's showing the first JL Audio IWSV2 13 subs in the UK which were completed just before christmas :clap:

inwall 13's.JPG

inwall 13's 1.JPG

Can anyone tell me the latency for a JLF112v2?

I'm trying to help a customer optomise this into their system and obviously this is required to ensure the best timing.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me the latency for a JLF112v2?

I'm trying to help a customer optomise this into their system and obviously this is required to ensure the best timing.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Allan at idealav and get the answer, and let bygones be bygones.
I'm sure the UK AV industry is big enough for both you gentleman..!:thumbsup:

The client already asked Alan but he wasn't sure, thats why I posted here.

Ins't this something that is published so you can time align JL subs correctly?

The client already asked Alan but he wasn't sure, thats why I posted here.

Ins't this something that is published so you can time align JL subs correctly?
I'd have thought it may well vary with the settings on the sub, and even if you had a value I'd have thought you'd need to make measurements to get everything properly aligned anyway?

It will vary depending on whether the DSP or other filters are being used but it will be an exact figure the manufacturer should provide.

With MK X Series subs when the internal crossover is bypassed, you add 68cm to the measured distance to the sub. You guys need this figure for JL subs to get best results. Can someone ask them please?

It will vary depending on whether the DSP or other filters are being used but it will be an exact figure the manufacturer should provide.

With MK X Series subs when the internal crossover is bypassed, you add 68cm to the measured distance to the sub. You guys need this figure for JL subs to get best results. Can someone ask them please?
Rob, not something you could ask them via the wonders of the interweb and e mail?.
I’m sure this is what other interested parties would have to do?

as far as i’m aware no one has asked me for the latency figure on a F112 V2

if they had i’d have told them

maybe the “client” is yet another made up imaginary person in someone’s imagination

Last edited:
That's a lot. For SVS is about 2 ms.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom