John Saxon

richp007

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sad news, John Saxon has passed from pneumonia at the age of 83 :(
Good article here charting his life. I'm sure many of us will associate him most of all with Enter The Dragon.

Sad news, John Saxon has passed from pneumonia at the age of 83 :(

Good article here charting his life. I'm sure many of us will associate him most of all with Enter The Dragon.

I knew him from lots of earlier stuff especially TV series as he was quite prolific in stuff when I was growing up, and was glad he was in Joe Kidd and chuffed with his large role in Enter the Dragon film. And the the main Villain in Battle Beyond the Stars, I cant rember him being the main star in a film but was always glad to see him in something and a long running part in Falcon Crest. He often play a understanding cop which seemed to go with his soft spoken charm which to me suited good guys rather than villains, e.g. Blood beach, Nightmare on Elm Street.

R.I.P. John

RIP John Saxon - most remember him for ETD and ANOES.

RIP John Saxon - most remember him for ETD and ANOES.
With films Im very familiar with dont know by as acronyms so which ones is that?

I enjoyed him in Enter The Dragon, but for me he'll always be Nancy's Dad in Nightmare on Elm St.

RIP Mr Saxon.

Besides his film role's he was on TV so much in the 70's / 80's in many television show's i watched.

RIP John

as a huge bruce lee fan i'll always remember him for elm street oddly... probably because that was the first horror i saw as a kid and it scarred me. A legend of a man.... esp for the scene in ETD..

well well well... what do we have here, each one lovelier than the next
pick one..
...i already have..

as a huge bruce lee fan i'll always remember him for elm street oddly... probably because that was the first horror i saw as a kid and it scarred me. A legend of a man.... esp for the scene in ETD..

well well well... what do we have here, each one lovelier than the next
pick one..
...i already have..
Think that was Ahna Capri big day in the spotlight I think the nearest thing she did to that role was The Man From UNCLE film One of Our Spy's is Missing.
That was a bummer that Tania was killed and nothing came of the affair between her and Roper

Interview with John on Enter the Dragon and Bruce Lee.
'.

Think that was Ahna Capri big day in the spotlight I think the nearest thing she did to that role was The Man From UNCLE film One of Our Spy's is Missing.
That was a bummer that Tania was killed and nothing came of the affair between her and Roper

Interview with John on Enter the Dragon and Bruce Lee.
'.

yeah thats it ahna capri... certainly a crush of mine in my teenage years.

i'll watch that a bit later thanks :)

I remember him mainly for Enter the Dragon, A Nightmare on Elm Street and for playing Rashid Ahmed in Dynasty. I watched Enter the Dragon last night in tribute, I won't be re-watching Dynasty.

RIP

Only found out about this browsing this forum. A bit off topic but this board provides some valuable updates. Especially for celebrities who weren't household names in UK or have drifted off radar it provides a nice way to remember them.

Anyway back to Mr Saxon. Like others I first knew him from Nightmare and Battle but whenever he cropped up in good guy roles it was his style and demeanour made him stand out. Especially the good guy speech in Enter.

I must have watched the original Nightmare dozen of times in my horror phase - another part of my childhood gone.

RIP

John Saxon

Great screen presence

RIP

PRI_159274292-e1595745468179.jpg
ef9aa18aedab0737d93d44a6a702679b.jpg

Had a great screen presence.
Had a small part in from Dusk Till Dawn alongside Kelly Preston.

RIP Mr Saxon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom