Joker 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Thanks for the Review. Missed this at the Cinema, but will rent the 4K disk for sure

Seen a few comments on the forum saying folk found this film boring.
What???
One of the most emotionally moving films I've seen in a long while - far, far better than any shallow Superhero movie, but then each to their own.
Watched in 4k - Unmissable

Saw it at the cinema - Loved it
Bought the 4K Amazon steelbook and watched it over the weekend - Still love it

Different experience watching it at home though.

Bought it yesterday, wife was quite surprised as I don't usually go for comic book heroes or antiheroes. Well I had a voucher from Tescos that had to be spent. More fun than 25 quid's worth of bog roll.

Different experience watching it at home though.

More intense, or less intense, or just different? Honestly interested.

A watch once kind of a movie not a keeper.

I agree with this. Superb film, but I'm not sure I would watch it again. Was surprised at the sound mixing nominations at the awards. It's good, but it ain't THAT good...

For me it’s a definite re-watch. And again.
Best film in years. That and “Once upon a time in Hollywood”. 2 heavyweight blockbusters that didn’t disappoint and look fabulous in 4K

I enjoyed this a lot, but bought it on iTunes as it's not quite loud or explody enough for me to justify the disc. Phoenix's performance is mesmerising and I'll definitely be watching it again soon.

What???
One of the most emotionally moving films I've seen in a long while - far, far better than any shallow Superhero movie, but then each to their own.
I was sceptical, at first but having seen about 45 minutes so far I'm loving it! His mental illness and his slow decline downwards is so well portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix :thumbsup:

Difficult one to quantify for me.

I watched it, start to finish so that would suggest it was okay, I wouldn't buy it on blueray and I think I may have been disappointed if I had paid to watch it at the cinema, I don't think its a movie I would want to watch again regardless of where or what video /sound format.

It didn't really provoke my imagination nor did it leave a lasting impression on me. It wasn't the usual Superhero type of movie that I really enjoy etc and thats fair enough, The 'Pennyworth' series didn't really fit the typical superhero theme and I actually found it probably the best viewing for many years.

All in all, 7.2/10

Bought it yesterday, wife was quite surprised as I don't usually go for comic book heroes or antiheroes. Well I had a voucher from Tescos that had to be spent. More fun than 25 quid's worth of bog roll.
What a boring life you must lead - great fun can be had with £25 worth of bog roll....
Edit - beaten to it

I've told you before, buy the quilted ones! :lesson:
What a boring life you must lead - great fun can be had with £25 worth of bog roll....
Edit - beaten to it
In my fire station the bog roll had ''Property of Glamorgan County Council'' printed on it. Why would they want it back after use?

Going to watch Joker tonight.

In my fire station the bog roll had ''Property of Glamorgan County Council'' printed on it. Why would they want it back after use?

Going to watch Joker tonight.
Now that may well be tempting....

Enjoy - imo it's an excellent film

No mention of The King of Comedy or De Niro? Wow.

Well the review does state " it's influences are are worn proudly on its sleeves " but I have to agree that those influences would be best added to the review . It's not a coincidence that De Nero is cast here in this role as King of Comedy and indeed Taxi Driver feature heavily in this .

(it really could have done without the whole Batman origin segway)

I suspect you meant "segué", although I quite like the idea that Batman's origin has something to do with an electric scooter.

This is a film that is certainly worth watching. Joaquin Phoenix turns in a simply stunning performance, but it's also extremely well done from a visual perspective - beautiful composition and use of colour. It deserved to win the Cinematography Oscar, if you ask me.

In Dolby Vision this is excellent demo material.

I find that HDR on movies makes the colours look dull and picture dull. it's like someone has turned a dimmer switch on a light switch, a lot of the time colours and scenes look better in SDR but resolution is better in 4k mostly
Enjoyed the movie thought it was very moving

Last edited:
What???
Agree, took me a while to get round watching it, but boy, was it good. One of those films that pulls you in hard, and the sound track to it was so fitting to the whole feel of the film. Love to watch it in 4k and DV, anyone wanna lend me a 4k copy and 4k player lol.
Name checks out 😀

I thought this was amazing really.

Theres so many little subtle nods to other superhero films.

He really deserved the Oscar as well, left a little piece of himself up there on the screen I think.

It's not boring at all, it's just a very grown up superhero film, something we havent had for 20yrs really.

9.5/10

I find that HDR on movies makes the colours look dull and picture dull. it's like someone has turned a dimmer switch on a light switch, a lot of the time colours and scenes look better in SDR but resolution is better in 4k mostly
Enjoyed the movie thought it was very moving

Maybe you need to check your display of choice , or settings on your display of choice . HDR and the WCG it brings to the table is more an accurate example of what the filmmaker intended us to see. Whilst DV can be hit n miss occasionly on certain discs , this one is the dogs bollocks in PQ.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom