Joker (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Can't say I'm a fan of the bestbuy front art. I don't hate it, but i don't exactly like it. The back is suitably iconic and the inside works too.

It is probably still better than the other steel art I've seen, not really sure....

View attachment 1214548
That is a fanart creation from Shady77 his logo is on the spine

This is not official steelbook artwork from Warner

It's not the artwork for the france steelbook that has not been revealed yet

There is 3 WWA steelbooks getting a release in Europe

IMAX version (Artwork not known yet)
Teaser version (Artwork not known yet)
Dolby version

Dolby version is the Best Buy Artwork

Screenshot (171) (1).png

Amazon UK will have one of the 3 europe WWA steelbooks as an exclusive

That is a fanart creation from Shady77 his logo is on the spine

This is not official steelbook artwork from Warner

It's not the artwork for the france steelbook that has not been revealed yet
Ah fairenough. Really shouldn't be attached to the FR steel link then, someone from bluray.com obviously made a booboo.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Any reason why the Amazon link has never been included in the OP?

Pretty sure there's a separate thread as it's a different exclusive artwork

Any reason why the Amazon link has never been included in the OP?

Amazon Steelbook is exclusive
Will have different artwork to Zavvi/HMV/WB Shop

Europe has 3 WWA steelbook releases
Amazon UK will be one of them

Pretty sure there's a separate thread as it's a different exclusive artwork
Amazon Steelbook is exclusive
Will have different artwork to Zavvi/HMV/WB Shop

Just realised a second ago because the search on here didn't show the Amazon Exclusive thread for some reason.

Cheers guys! :)

Release date: 10th February 2020

Confirmed artwork:
Joker.png

Joker (inside).png

Joker (open).png

That’s quite a nice design. I still can’t decide whether I want to buy this or not. I was hoping the artwork would be terrible and make my mind up for me.

Success! Glad it's this one, better than the BB design. Shall be keeping my preorder with wbstore. That's assuming Amazon doesn't get the 3rd yet to be reveled WWA design that is..

This is the 3rd WWA. Could have been decent if it wasn't cropped so low, but as is the illiterated one is nicer imo.

joker 2.jpg

Last edited:
This is the 3rd WWA. Could have been decent if it wasn't cropped so low, but as is the illiterated one is nicer imo.

Italy and Spain have this and Italian 4K is currently at €29,99 which is decent considering artwork and 4K

Not that anyone will be surprised to hear, but this release appears to be a matte finish if the AUS edition is anything to go by. Irritating as the bestbuy version is glossy. Typical Warner :rolleyes:

Not that anyone will be surprised to hear, but this release appears to be a matte finish if the AUS edition is anything to go by. Irritating as the bestbuy version is glossy. Typical Warner :rolleyes:

By this version, you mean the Zavvi artwork with flames etc...?
The Best Buy is the same artwork as the AmazonUK exclusive from the other thread no?

By this version, you mean the Zavvi artwork with flames etc...?
The Best Buy is the same artwork as the AmazonUK exclusive from the other thread no?
Yes i do mean the trade wide uk release (flames etc..), not the Amazon one in the separate thread. Rare that AUS and UK steels of the same art have different treatments.

The bestbuy is the same art as the amazonUK steel, but obviously can't comment if the uk would get the same treatment there. One would hope.

I can't see the flames FR steel being any different to the uk/aus one tbh. Fnac does have the 3rd WWA (the "teaser' art) i posted previously though.. That's not been pictured anywhere in the wild yet so who knows what to expect with that one!

Last edited:
Yes i do mean the trade wide uk release (flames etc..), not the Amazon one in the separate thread. Rare that AUS and UK steels of the same art have different treatments.

Ah ok.
The glossed Best Buy looks quite nice imo.

The bestbuy is the same art as the amazonUK steel, but obviously can't comment if the uk would get the same treatment there. One would hope.

Last DC releases from WB have been more gloss then not so... 🤞 but then... :rolleyes::D

Fnac does have the 3rd WWA (the "teaser' art) i posted previously though.. That's not been pictured anywhere in the wild yet so who knows what to expect with that one!

That art will be released everywhere in EU in the end...
Gloss and debossed please 🤞

Ah ok.
The glossed Best Buy looks quite nice imo.

Last DC releases from WB have been more gloss then not so... 🤞 but then... :rolleyes::D

That art will be released everywhere in EU in the end...
Gloss and debossed please 🤞

BB one certainly looks nicer now its glossed for sure. If the AmazonUK one ends up being glossy i might be tempted.. Still prefer the flames art though, just shame it'll be matte.

Who knows with the other art, I'd be shocked if there was any bossing at all lol flat and gloss is your best hope. But imo it's the weekest of the 3 artworks.

The lack of a glossy finish might be the deciding factor for me getting this...I’ve been changing my mind about keeping this every other day.

The lack of a glossy finish might be the deciding factor for me getting this...I’ve been changing my mind about keeping this every other day.
Same here. I mean I'll be getting one, but seeing the flames steel (the artwork i prefer tbh) in hand matte picks i don't really like it. The bestbuy one, glossy, looks nicer now ive seen it.

I think if the amazonUK one is glossy and the other uk one is matte I'll be opting for the amazon steel.

@samdavies
I saw the pictures from the Australian release... looks like spot gloss to me.
So have i, looks like streaky matte, possibly with metallic highlights. We must have different eyes :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom