Judo for kids

COVID had a massive impact as obviously judo works best in a hall with other people to learn the techniques and do randori. Practicing at home just isn't the same. Lots of people left the sport unfortunately. Speaking to a coach there numbers are only just getting back to pre COVID levels.

COVID had a massive impact as obviously judo works best in a hall with other people to learn the techniques and do randori. Practicing at home just isn't the same. Lots of people left the sport unfortunately. Speaking to a coach there numbers are only just getting back to pre COVID levels.
My Jiu jitsu club is a full time, permanently matted club, where the members pay via a Direct Debit.
during Covid, when most couldn't train, the majority of the members continued to pay their monthly fees so that the club could remain.

I know of a few Judo clubs that did something similar. Our numbers have actually grown to the point where we have to turn down members as we are oversubscribed (150 seniors). I think a lot of people decided not to put off doing a Marital Art as you never know what's around the corner.

We have moved since then, but he still is doing judo. He doesn't want to though. He has grown up a bit and got lazy. The only thing he wants to do is either watch YouTube or play games.
Pretty normal, we tend to lose a lot of kids about 15 to 16 year old stage. Partially exam but their tastes change.

You can't really force them to go. My 15 year has decided to go back to Jujitsu after a 3 year break but I suspect it's as much social as anything else. Not complaining, at least they are doing something.

For sure covid had a big impact. We are a non profit and the 2 instructors who run the club don't charge. We train at a school and fortunately they didn't charge during covid time.

My older one and myself were both on the final steps towards first Dan and that didn't happen. He was going uni last year so when the club reopened he didn't go back which is a real shame as he was close to being ready.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom