Jumanji: The Next Level Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Just out of a busy screening Cas and I agree with your review entirely. Was great fun just like the first and they managed to make it even more entertaining with DeVito and Glover. 8/10 from me.

Wasn’t overly keen on the first one (yes I know I’m on my own) did you see it 3D IMAX Cas ?

Wasn’t overly keen on the first one (yes I know I’m on my own) did you see it 3D IMAX Cas ?

No mate, Showcase Lux X-Plus is the best near me, and I tend to avoid 3D these days.

No mate, Showcase Lux X-Plus is the best near me, and I tend to avoid 3D these days.
Yeah I tend to avoid 3D too, my local IMAX screen is the best screen local to me and they’re only showing it 3D at suitable time. Same for Star Wars in a couple of weeks unfortunately.

Thanks cas. I enjoyed the first one. Will watch this one too when it comes out on 4K

Saw the first one at the flicks and then Netflix recently and have ordered the 4K. Defo growing on me. Pretty fun re-watchable movie.

Sounds like more of the same and more 2nd time around so nailed on for a cinema trip me thinks.

Saw the second one on Netflix a week or so ago, and thought it was great fun. Watched the trailer for this straight after and it looks to be a nice continuation with not only big hitters like the Rock returning, but the kids too. Not sure I'll squeeze in a visit before Episode IX, but definitely looks worth catching.

7/10 for this one from me. Entertaining but not quite as fresh or funny as the prior one.

8/10 for me.

I enjoyed the first one and the addition of the two Danny’s, and their ingame characters, worked very well.

I took the family to the cinema to watch this last night. It was a perfect Christmas family outing, and just when I thought this might turn out to be a disappointment, the film shifted gear and became a more than worthy sequel.

Loved it.

Was Welcome to the Jungle the belated sequel to the 1995 Robin Williams comedy, or was that sequel 2005's Zathura: A Space Adventure? Discuss. :D

Actually, you've just reminded me, I need to get hold of a copy of Zathura. It's great fun.

Well, the trailer for this is arguably the worst I've seen in several years. However, the first was entertaining enough so I'm on board for more of this crappy fast food...

Movies like this you know are going to be good.... actors like Dwayne Johnson do not want their name and reputation to be associated with any sort of bad movie - if it started off bad, you know he would have changed it while filming.

Seeing this in Imax 3D on Friday at the new Cineworld near me. I'll have to watch the first one on Netflix before then though.

Movies like this you know are going to be good.... actors like Dwayne Johnson do not want their name and reputation to be associated with any sort of bad movie - if it started off bad, you know he would have changed it while filming.
Apart all the dross he’s been in of course.

I've already booked to see this one based on Cas's review. We'll see how well he did ;)

My 7 and 9 year old girls are very excited about this one. Frozen 2? Pah! Kevin Hart's list of weaknesses ("cake"): Yay!

Looking forward to this one a lot! Thanks Can - you got me extra interested!

Great review Cas, booked for next Tues and can't wait. Fave film that xmas so more of the same sounds good.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom