Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Review & Comments

I think this must have been a review for a different movie to the one I’ve just sat through.

Compared to some of the earlier movies, I found it charmless and unintentionally funny in parts, with cringingly bad comic book dialogue and no suspense whatsoever. It was quite a busy screening, but 8 people walked out early (may not have been because of the movie of course!)

Perhaps if I were 10 and had never seen another dinosaur movie then I’d have enjoyed it, but this had no magic, and certainly no heart in it at all imo.

Entertaining film, story was better than I expected. Quite frankly I'm flabbergasted how audiences enjoyed the same story over and over again in this franchise. Nice change for once and the I like the direction the sequels will go in the future. Actually sets it up for an interesting on going sequels at a far grander scale than we've witnessed before in Jurassic park/world films.

3.5/5

@Sam Crow @rfield @jdevil can I ask please why you didn't think to write a user review?
I'm wondering whether there aren't enough signposts here to point to writing user reviews.
Or whether there is no motivation.
Any help you can give as to what we're doing wrong would be appreciated.

Watched earlier with wife and 3 kids (13,14+17) and we all enjoyed it...yes it’s predictable but enjoyable and like jdevil says it’s going in a different direction to the others.

All in all an enjoyable night at the cinema.

Ps: they is and end credit at the very end of the film.

@Sam Crow @rfield @jdevil can I ask please why you didn't think to write a user review?
I'm wondering whether there aren't enough signposts here to point to writing user reviews.

A fully fledged review, going into length and detail, would of course be best suited in the appropriate section. But I actually enjoy reading members' reactions (short, pithy and to the point) as a form of interaction with your own reviewers. For me they are comments and opinions, not reviews per se, and for what it's worth, I found the film to be overlong, boring, undramatic and incoherent.

Stuart, I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong - just for me this wasn’t a film worth writing a review on! I’ll certainly consider it for my next movie viewing though - hadn’t really given the option much thought previously.

you guys are not doing anything wrong :) Im not the best wordsmith and dont feel i could write decent enough reviews :)

This was a truly awful film, the last one pants this is next level bad. Just horrible.

Watched it tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it and think it is the third best in the series after the original and The Lost world. I'm glad it's moved the story on. Looking forward to what I hope will be the final film in this series now

I’m not really good at writing in-depth reviews best I could do is muster a few comments about the film and also the fact I only visit the site for a maximum 5-10 minutes per day. Less so without the app...

Also I prefer reading user comments then in depth reviews. I tend to get a better idea of what to expect than reading professional written up reviews.

I’m not really good at writing in-depth reviews best I could do is muster a few comments about the film and also the fact I only visit the site for a maximum 5-10 minutes per day. Less so without the app...

Also I prefer reading user comments then in depth reviews. I tend to get a better idea of what to expect than reading professional written up reviews.
Same here mate, hate using the site now the app has gone.

Watched it this evening/morning. Felt it was kind of like one of those roller-coasters where you know exactly what you are going to get, but go anyway, and are mildly entertained as it goes along, but there's no surprises and it's instantly forgettable once it's finished. I gave it a 6/10.

I love popcorn flicks, so I shall buy this when it gets released on blu.

Massively looking forward to this, the review summary has got me even more excited (don’t wanna read any more than that, wanna be fresh)
I’ll have my M&Ms and large bucket of popcorn ready while I watch this on Saturday at the IMAX.

Got to admit... Really not convinced by this film. The 2015 film was too "big" and whilst it sounds like they've learnt from it a little this film still doesn't seem to hit the mark for me.

The original thrived on tension, but these new iterations thrive on excitement which isn't the same thing...

Last edited:
I took the boy to see this and half way through he said, haven't we already seen this dad? sums it up!

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I didn't read the whole review because I'd rather see it myself first, however this line from the reviewer was brilliant:-

Leaving the cinema I felt like my seven year old self having just seen Jurassic Park for the first time

It was okay, just about. Nothing special and no where near as good as the original Jurasic Park. Uses the same old tired paint by numbers formula. Has lost its spark and charm. 5/10 for me. Dissapointing.

I know the question wasn't aimed at me but this is why I don't write full reviews.

1 - on almost every occasion a review has already been written before I have seen the film
2 - I don't feel my writing skills are up to it
3 - I actually prefer to read the members responses rather - often I don't even read the review it self and when I do it is just a skim read
4 - I don't like it when there are multiple review threads for the same film.

Cheers,

Nigel

@Sam Crow @rfield @jdevil thanks for replying.
1 - on almost every occasion a review has already been written before I have seen the film
That doesn't discount *your* opinion, though. People, I have found, like to read the reviews of other members rather than professional reviewers.
2 - I don't feel my writing skills are up to it
If you're confident enough to write a post, you'll be fine in a user review. We don't ask that you write a ton of stuff. Just the same amount as you'd do in a post, really.
3 - I actually prefer to read the members responses rather - often I don't even read the review it self and when I do it is just a skim read
Which is a good reason to write your own user review :)
4 - I don't like it when there are multiple review threads for the same film.
User reviews don't generate new threads. They have comments under them, but are not new entities in the thread list.

Another advantage in writing a user review is that your overall scores are averaged to create an average AVForums members' score.

May also look at having a weekly prize draw for user review writers.

@Sam Crow @rfield @jdevil thanks for replying.

That doesn't discount *your* opinion, though. People, I have found, like to read the reviews of other members rather than professional reviewers.

If you're confident enough to write a post, you'll be fine in a user review. We don't ask that you write a ton of stuff. Just the same amount as you'd do in a post, really.

Which is a good reason to write your own user review :)

User reviews don't generate new threads. They have comments under them, but are not new entities in the thread list.

Another advantage in writing a user review is that your overall scores are averaged to create an average AVForums members' score.

May also look at having a weekly prize draw for user review writers.

Thanks for that, Steve, and especially the bit about a weekly prize draw :thumbsup:. Apropos, I travel quite a bit (a lot, actually) but then every time I try to win some cool stuff I get told I have to be a UK citizen so am ineligible to play. I am! I am a UK citizen! With a UK address where you can send me the cool stuff that I've won! Maybe you could adjust your Al Gore Rhythm or just have it as all prizes must go to a valid UK address.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom