JVC DLA-X3: Warning + Lamp lights

haim

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I were hoping to pass time by watching some movies and as bad luck would have it, our projector seems to have given up. When turned on, the Warning and standby LEDs first and last) are continuously on, while the Lamp LED (middle) blinks constantly (see video). I checked the manual and couldn't find this exact case, they mention the Lamp LED blinking 1, 2, or 3 times but ours is blinking constantly.

1584828471697.png

Also, once in this mode, I cannot turn off the projector. I had to cover the lens with a post it, since the projector cannot be turned off so the lens cover does not slide to close.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem? I've checked some threads in this forum and some suggest it may be time to replace the lamp, while some other threads blame the CPU. Is there a conclusive answer?

Thank you in advance, hope everyone is staying safe during these times!

Unfortunately looks like the old blown ballast board problem that plagued JVC projectors manufactured around that time. My x7 blew it's ballast board last year and luckily as I work in micro electronics I was able to purchase a new board from the United States and fit it myself. It is an incredibly fiddly job to do and the ballast board costs in the region of £200 back then when the exchange rate was more favourable than the current climate but my x7 has been up and running with no problems since. You can get it repaired in the UK but I think it's a £500 repair so possibly not worth it on a x3. They will not sell you the board in the UK. If you search the web for 'jvc ballast' you will see stacks of results on the problem including several here on avforums.

It can be a lamp, but likely a Ballast, so your up for around 300£ ballast +300£ lamp, if you can fix it yourself, its also higly recommendet to get the projector cleaned up inside as specially the lamp blower blocks up with dust, after that you will need a full calibration and you will have a very nice projector again.
If you cant do the job yourself it would be better to buy a used X500 with a new lamp and get that calibrated.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom