JVC DLA-X7000B D-ILA HDR Projector Review

Thanks Allan, I think the JVC would suit me better.

it's certainly a cracking projector Phil which produces a similarly cracking image

I can't see you being disappointed at all if I'm being honest with you

Allan

Phil, I was torn between the LS10000 and X7000, and I upgraded from an X30. I still think the X30 in the right kind of room is still a cracking projector. The person who bought mine seemed vey happy with it. For me the JVC ranges in between did not give enough of an improvement for me to justify the cost.

However the Epson was just too big to go in my room and it can do HDR of sorts (it seems most pjs cant do it properly at the moment), while as it stands the Epson can't. I will also use the HD Fury Integral to get control of the manual iris and hopefully have most of WCG with its take on HDR. The Epson is still a fab pj but it wasn't for me. Also the X7000 is to keep for the medium term as even when JVC do a laser pj and maybe get proper HDR, even a second hand one won't be in my budget for many a year.

So bag yourself the X7000 I have no regrets. Smashing :)

I am looking to replace a JVC X70. I flirted with the idea of the Epson LS10000 but have spent today browsing threads and am back onto the JVC X7000 having also considered other options. Is this a good time to buy or will new models on the horizon result in a drop in price or offer a better option for this price range?

Apparently JVC should release at IFA a laser with native 4K but for $25-30K (see JVC 4K laser projector at IFA Berlin) , so nothing in this price range. AFAIK the current JVC models will not be replaced this year. There might be a replacement to the LS10000 but we won't know until the IFA or Cedia.

Buying an X7000 now is not bad timing if you need a projector now, if you can wait a few months, you'll know what Epson, JVC and Sony will offer for 2017.

Anyone having any issues with getting 2160 out of their Sky Q box and into the X7000 ?

Im flummoxed, UHD blurry works perfectly, but I can't get the X700 to accept a 2160 signal from the Sky Q Silver.

I have changed HDMIs (even though they work with the Panasonic UB 900)

I have ran a cable direct to the X 7000 from the Sky Q Silver (and checked that cable will pass through a UHD signal from the UB900)

No success with anything.

I solved this.

Its basically down to the flaky HDMI on the X7000.

I took the Sky Q Silver and ran it into my Oled, set it to 2160 resolution, then reattached to the X7000 and lo and behold, the handshake happened. Unfortunately, I couldn't revert to 1080 then, so had to follow the same process to reverse in the interests of experimentation.

The handshakes are very temperamental......

I solved this.

Its basically down to the flaky HDMI on the X7000.

I took the Sky Q Silver and ran it into my Oled, set it to 2160 resolution, then reattached to the X7000 and lo and behold, the handshake happened. Unfortunately, I couldn't revert to 1080 then, so had to follow the same process to reverse in the interests of experimentation.

The handshakes are very temperamental......

Don't do this with equipment powered up (I can't tell if you meant this or not) as this can damage HDMI boards as they don't like 'hot swapping'. I may have killed my old Lumagen Mini3D doing something similar...

Don't do this with equipment powered up (I can't tell if you meant this or not) as this can damage HDMI boards as they don't like 'hot swapping'. I may have killed my old Lumagen Mini3D doing something similar...

Kelvin,

I had the equipment off, took twice as long with the JVC warming up and down, not great for the bulb either of course!

Can you advise me. Which mode do you think matches to view the movie?
Natural, Standard, 6500, 2.2, close the aperture down to -6 or -7. Or choose THX mode?
Screen width 2.4 meters, matte white 1. The distance of 3.5 meters to the projector. Projector JVC 7000.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom