jvc dla-x700r or Optoma UHD65

mullsey

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am replacing a broken projector. I have around 4k AUD, 2200 Pounds or 2750 USD to spend.

I have been looking at both the JVC and Optoma, any suggestions on which one is better than the other and why? Any comments would be appreciated.

If you have a room that is like a batcave ( dark walls, ceiling floors etc and can keep all light out) the JVC would be the best choice as they have very good black level image and look superb. If your room is like a normal room and you just close curtains to watch the projector the Optoma will be better.

JVC also have power focus and zoom with lens memory which means changing aspect ratios is very easy as can be done from the remote rather than getting up to adjust the projector. Also the JVC are very quiet and unlike DLP machines do not exhibit rainbow effect if you are prone to seeing it (not everyone does).

JVC will be second hand at the price you mention where you should get new with the Optoma. DLP bulbs are cheaper than JVC official bulbs so if you are using pj every day for lots of hours may be useful.

I have owned Optoma before a 1080p HD20 and now own JVC X35 and in my almost batcave room the JVC is a better pj in all ways.

I am replacing a broken projector. I have around 4k AUD, 2200 Pounds or 2750 USD to spend.

I have been looking at both the JVC and Optoma, any suggestions on which one is better than the other and why? Any comments would be appreciated.

Room treatment will benfit any projector.

BUt you have to give more info on your setup.

Can the room be treated?
Room dimensions?
Any ambient light?
Seating distance?
Screen fabric and size?
Movies, streaming, TV, sports, gaming?
Can you do DIY, paints?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom