JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

At last from JVC a native 4k machine and at around £6k (N5) should be a winner. I can't wait to see one in action.

These units are HUGE though in comparison to the X series. May be an issue to some.

I'll certainly be tempted by the N7 when some reviews drop.

These units are HUGE though in comparison to the X series. May be an issue to some.

Used to have a 9" CRT pj in my HC room so no bother for me.

N7 for me I think. Looking forward to 4k. Hoped for HDMI2.1 and laser but that was always looking unlikely.

Martin

N5 for me, whoop ... can’t wait! :clap:

With the size of these I would no longer be able to shelf mount on the rear wall which means instead ceiling mounting it into a joist. No problem apart from the fact that I then won't be able to remove and then put back the lens cap.

Bugger.

With the size of these I would no longer be able to shelf mount on the rear wall which means instead ceiling mounting it into a joist. No problem apart from the fact that I then won't be able to remove and then put back the lens cap.

Bugger.
You still would be able to shelf mount it, people with the Epson LS which is larger still have done this.
The N5 might have a motorised lens cap, the 7 and 9 certainly will.

I think I will wait and see how this generation goes, new 4K panels, optics, chassis and software could mean a few gremlins which might be ironed out in the next release.

How many kilos wash does that washing machine take in one go anyway?

Seriously though, it's about time Sony had some real competition in the home native 4k market! Hopefully price wars and drops!

Last edited:
They got there in the end, and the N5 contrast is much the same as the entry level eshift model which is great news, along with the reduced gamut capability but at £2.5k more money. The N7 and N9 have managed to attain even higher levels so maintain JVCs leadership in contrast which is what everybody wanted to see from them.

It was always tough to tell the difference between an eshift pj alongside a 4K Sony with movie content from normal seating distances, so lets hope there is more to these JVCs to make a visible difference.

I still think they're crazy to have stopped the eshift range. It fills a nice price gap and are still extremely competitive performance wise, and some people preferred them over the 4K Sony's. If they kept a £4k eshift model (especially if it was the current mid level eshift) that would still take plenty of sales from Sony and others both above and below that price range.

Next step for JVC is laser now though. I get the impression that the lamp placement change is to make retrofitting a laser assembly easier within the same chassis. I wouldn't think we'll have long to wait, maybe two years?

I'd be very interested to see how well they compete with the 4500 laser now though other than lumens.

You still would be able to shelf mount it, people with the Epson LS which is larger still have done this.
The N5 might have a motorised lens cap, the 7 and 9 certainly will.

I think I will wait and see how this generation goes, new 4K panels, optics, chassis and software could mean a few gremlins which might be ironed out in the next release.

The included accessories for all three projectors show a dust cover/lens cap.

It will be really interesting to see how these projectors turn out. I'd like to replace my Panasonic AT6000 with a 4k model that has better black levels for £5k or less (which is still a lot to me). Will probably have to wait another year or two but at least what I want (JVC black levels and 4k) is now being made.

Ouch! I hope these don’t replace the existing 59 & 79 series otherwise they have really shot themselves in the foot, as they are way more expensive than the Sony’s for a very small improvement in performance, (Except the 8K job) plus they look rather large for a domestic environment. (The Sony’s were big enough)

Bill

OMG! This looks ugly and maybe would look even more worst ceiling mounted... :S
But - as the other JVCs - probably will project an excellent image.

I have read in another thread that they do have 3D

Yay! Upgrade to my x500 in about 2x years when price drops on these......

My still-going-strong X3 and wallet are both weeping at this news but I for one am :clap::smoke::beer:

Very interested in the N5 for a long overdue upgrade.

really that's amazing would you have a link to the article
It was mentioned I think by Madshi on the US forum. That thread is 50 pages long now and can't find it!

Martin

Chris Hannon post 1011 by Manni01 on AVS (don't think I am allowed to link directly)

really that's amazing would you have a link to the article
The spec sheets clearly show and name the 3D emitter port at the rear of the new chassis. But I haven't seen any marketing blurb around 3D capabilities, but it is definitely implicitly implied by the spec sheets.

The spec sheets clearly show and name the 3D emitter port at the rear of the new chassis. But I haven't seen any marketing blurb around 3D capabilities, but it is definitely implicitly implied by the spec sheets.
Chris Hannon post 1011 by Manni01 on AVS (don't think I am allowed to link directly)

thanks, guys for that i really appreciate it
900scx.jpg aeo4zo.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom