JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

I was not being overly scientific. Just rested by the top of the casing. My fan sits in front of the right hand vent as that kicks out the most hot air.
So you basically tested ambient air in front of that vent without the hush box and then tested again with it installed? That sounds about right

Absolutely, I made it with no science, my newer box is around the same depth but significantly wider.

I tested temps with both a temperature gun and a Bluetooth thermometer which now sits inside my enclosed (new design) hush box, I initially had a warning setting on the thermometer to tell me if thr Pj was getting hit, but soon realised it was staying cooler than in an open room environment so stopped checking.
One more question for you… did you use modesty blocks to assemble? Specifically, the triangular/angled sections... and did you use 1" or 2" foam?

Last edited:
Most of the JVC dealers should be able to sort you with a bulb, if in the UK you could contact RickyJ at Kalibrate on here. 👍

shouldn’t be an issue tbh

Make sure you buying OM and not OEM lamp. So you get JVC tested performance and not the lamp manufacturer.

Make sure you buying OM and not OEM lamp. So you get JVC tested performance and not the lamp manufacturer.
OEM "Original Equipment Manufactured' What is 'OM'
I didn't think you could better than OEM.

You can get three types of lamp.

Best: Original Manufacturer part. This is their lamp in their housing and is a genuine JVC part. It's what you'd get if you bought from JVC directly. Frankly the only thing I'd trust in an expensive projector.

Slightly dodgy but maybe ok: OEM lamp in an aftermarket housing. This is (theoretically) the same lamp that JVC used (from the same OEM), but in a cloned housing. You have no real way of knowing if these are any good though.

Most dodgy: random lamp in a random housing.

I will simplify it even further.

You want to buy JVC product (so bulb + housing as a single JVC product dedicated to your PJ = lamp).

You don't want to buy any sort of replacement lamps as those are based on: a) random bulbs - not good at all b) are based on bulbs from OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) but those are different bulb models as JVC has specific parameters bulbs which are only made in big batches to JVC order and bulbs of same parameters cannot be sold by OEM retail even tough the same OEM produces exact JVC spec but for JVC only.

I never heard about problems with housings. It is the bulb and the ballast that causes the most grief and the reason that you should only buy JVC Lamp product.

Jvc lamps are very very good at holding brightness. Buy new and authentic

Actually is there a place get the authentic bulb s cheap? The authentic back up bulb I just put in apparently is failing and long out of warranty. Or a decent knock off?

Frankly JVC should send me a bulb free since they sold me a projector that now has fried panels because I dared use it more than a couple hours at a time.

It’s usually authentic or cheap, not both

My N7 was repaired under warranty by Decam-Electronics, who are an official repair centre for JVC. Their website also sell genuine JVC lamps.

N5,N7,and N9 lamp for £432 including shipping seems decent.

Repaired for what?

I recall some years back getting a reasonable cost PJ bulb for a different make of PJ. It had some thousands of hours on the original one and i hoped for more brightness NOPE, but oh well.
I ran if for a couple of hundred hours and it exploded which was "entertaining"

Took a lot of clean up, I swapped back to the old one and ran that a good few hundred hours before changing the PJ.

I calculated out what the reasonable bulb cost and the OM one would have been cheaper for the usage it got o_O

Now I may have been unlucky, but if you consider that these bulbs are VERY high spec and highly strung, I'm not so sure. I certainly won't trust a non OM bulb again.

Ricky sorted me out with my last jvc bulb, would recommend getting the proper jvc. I replaced the bulb in my original hd350 twice, in my 7900 once, always used original jvc replacements and never had an issue. Would not scrimp

I am delighted to discover that the version 3 firmware upgrade to my DLA RS-2100 has a unadvertised benefit! When using the short cut mapped to my Harmony remote, the Lens Memory not longer has the Lens Memory overlay while the ratio is adjusted and the action of changing the aspect ratio is much quicker. This make it much less intrusive to use.

Hi all, I am looking to get a used N7 and will need a ceiling mount, was just wondering if anyone had recently upgraded/changed projectors and had one that they are looking to get rid of? Will post in the classifieds as well.

Hi all, I am looking to get a used N7 and will need a ceiling mount, was just wondering if anyone had recently upgraded/changed projectors and had one that they are looking to get rid of? Will post in the classifieds as well.
Spooky! I was just literally about to repost my N7 - will be live very shortly...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom