JVC X500 (DLA-X500) 3D D-ILA Projector Review & Comments

Thanks for your advise, but i wanted to try this X500 because this would be the "budget "upgrade compare to my Sony VW50ES. :)
Originally i wanted to have a 350 or 500ES, but those projectors are still quite expensive. Buying a new JVC model would cost even more i think.

Anyway, the brightness is not my priority, but don't really want to have a darker image, than my Sony has at the moment. I think the JVC claimed to 1300 lumens, and my Sony is 1700. Tho' i know these are just numbers. :)

So what about a Sony VW50ES vs JVC DLA X500?
Does it worth to change?

The X500 is significantly brighter than the X3, but if brightness is your priority, you may want to wait for the X5000, which launches next month. This, and the other models in the new range use a new 265W lamp and are significantly brighter than even the X500.

Well! Anyone thinking about upgrading to an X7000?

Seems that this will be the PJ to beat this year after a two year wait, JVC blows it out of the water.

I'm sorely tempted - I'll have an X500 for sale in December if I upgrade.,

I think the X500 is the best value for money pj on the second hand market right now, so you shouldn't have a lot of trouble selling it.

How are you enjoying your set up right now? Has it turned out as expected?

Gary

I think the X500 is the best value for money pj on the second hand market right now, so you shouldn't have a lot of trouble selling it.

How are you enjoying your set up right now? Has it turned out as expected?

Gary
Gary,

Yeah, not finished yet, still need to finish the Devore, waiting on a couch to be delivered, the door isn't on so can't finish picture and sound tweaking, but yes, it has massive potential.

I can see myself wa punting a bigger screen though - and I'm having a few small regrets that I didn't go scope.

I see Screen excellence have a screen with a 15 mm frame now as opposed to the 3.7 in frame on mine - I could gain a bit on height and width by trying it.

We are sitting 90" from 90" wide, 38" screen height in scope and it's comfy......

If you don't mind DIY, you can build a frameless screen to the exact dimensions you want. You'll just have to decide on the screen material. My first two screens were frameless on a black wall, and it was fine like that. I added a border later when I lowered the screen and added side masking curtains, but it was more aesthetic than anything else.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom