Kef Egg wall mount question

Clond

Standard Member
Reaction score
Do the 2 series wall mounts fit the 3 series eggs ?
If not can 3 series egg wall mounts still be sourced?

Give KEF Customer Support a ring.

Service Centre Contact Telephone: +44 (0)1622 672 261
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:00

Hi - I will do that, just wondering if anyone has been through this as they are 10 year old.

I appreciate your response.

I've had 3005se Eggs. The stands would double up as a cabinet mount or wall mount. Same goes for the 2001s which I had many moons ago. The 2 series was smaller I memory serves me well. That's why I said to give KEF a call, you never know your luck.

I have series 2 and been offered series 3 with stands.
All my wiring is in the wall so it's not ideal.

From memory the wall mounting on the 3 series will take the speaker further from the wall, they are very fiddly to get wired up to the binding posts as well. When you say stands do you mean the cabinet stands or proper 60cm stands. Great speakers though.

Proper kef stands with the crescent cut out base and slightly bladed.
The bases look the similar on the wall mounts, although the little peg it sit on and the thread might be different.

Carefully try the 3001 on the wall fixing you have there. As long as they fit safely and movement can be mitigated with a used matchstick hopefully.

Picking them up during the week - if the are close I can use some modelling clay to secure and it'll dry out for removal.
I'll post what I find for future record.

Kef 3001 satellites do fit the 2001 wall mounts however the Allen key bolt (think they are 4mm thread) are to small as the depth is longer on the 3 series. This can be rectified by sourcing a 10mm longer bolt dimension which locks the mount in place. The stands for 2001 satellites are a little more critical and require a couple of washers to make sure the don't ground into the speaker housing.
So it can done and relatively easy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom