Kef Qs, LS50, LSX, LX58, Devialet 😁

PeterPoose

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I currently have 4 x Kef 900Qs (floorstanding), Q200 (centre speaker), Q400 (subwoofer) if I remember the numbers lol and a Pioneer LX58 receiver.

I would like to add Dolby Atmos to this setup. I've been looking at the Kef Q50a. I would like to know if it is noticeable to get 4 of these for each floorstander in a room 3m x 4m (3m being the width where the TV goes) and 3m cieling height or are 2 sufficient?

Second question, I am after a wireless Dolby Atmos system for our room which is very small as we live in a cottage. The bedroom has a sloped cieling also which starts around 4ft. The room is no bigger than 2.5m x 3m.So it's small. I will be trying to put a motorised bracket in on the sloped cieling so it can fold out of the way.

Our WiFi is only 16mbs on a good day as were in the country. Is this fast enough to bother with wireless?

I was looking at the Kef LS50 or the LSX. I am not sure which of these is best? Would wireless speakers be the way to go and putting them up around the bed and room or something else? Would I need 5.1.2 or because it's so small maybe lesser amount of speakers option would be better?

I didnt look at sound bars because we have nowhere to put it as there is just a bed and the sloping ceiling starts where the TV will be.

Final question. I am going to purchase a Devialet Gold Phantom Opera De Paris more as a moveable party speaker and I also love art so it will be a centre piece in our living room. I know people have mixed views but I was wondering if the Devialet can be hooked up to the Pioneer LX58 receiver as a second subwoofer while it's not in use as a party speaker? I have read on the sync issues as I was initially going to buy a full surround setup of Devialets but ended up going with my old system and 1 Devialet.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help. 😁

Oh and any suggestions for a music streamer for Tidal please?

This is the one I've been looking at.Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (Black)
in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​
unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

Last edited:
Four modules would make for a very good Atmos experience. I use a pair of R50s in a 5.1.2. The ceiling will need to meet certain criteria to work. It has to be perfectly flat and made of a reflective material. Height must be between 8 and 14 feet. The third one of having them no more 50% of the height will be meet by having them on top of the speakers. Meet those rules and you should have a very good immersive experience.

Thank you mate. I am looking forward to setting it all up😁

Any other help please?

Sounds a pretty terrible idea in regard to the Phantom. man I’d love to demo a pair running in stereo! if you had the budget to get surround phantoms you can stretch for a dedicated sub. Will perform far better.

Thanks mate. I already have a dedicated sub as above 😁 was just wondering as I will be buying one but I dont actually need it if I could or worth while it's not in use as a second sub? Probably pointless lol

It's going to be portable speaker for me for garden parties etc

Ok I answered one of my questions lol.

Seems the LX58 has support for Tidal so I dont think I require a streamer 😁

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom