KEF speakers built into new flat with no way to use them

Rach223

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to preface this by saying I have absolutely no technical knowledge of speakers or sound systems of any kind.
my partner and I have just moved into a new flat and the previous tenant installed a lot of cool stuff like a projector and cinema screen, surround sound etc. These things were all pointed out and explained to us by the letting agent when we moved in. However, we noticed that there were 5 speakers throughout the flat built into the walls in the kitchen, our bedroom and our en-suite. The only identifying feature on them is the KEF logo, but I can’t see any model numbers. They are completely built into the walls and ceilings, and there does not appear to be any kind of switch or remote to turn them on or use them, at least that we have found, so far, anyway. The letting agent didn’t know anything about them, and we can’t contact the previous tenant.
I would love to be able to use them, so if anyone here happened to be an expert on them and knew a way to help, that would be really great!
I’m not actually in the flat right now so I only have one photo of one of the speakers in the bedroom ceiling that I will attach, but the speakers in the kitchen are also KEF but they are square.
4031A3AA-E2AB-4E12-B8D4-5617450B9888.jpeg

I like a good Norn Iron speaker mystery, so it is....

The wires for these things will come out or congregate somewhere which you would then control with various amplifiers and players. He'll have taken those parts away when he left but the wires for them will be somewhere - perhaps a funny looking wall plate or 2 in each room ?

The mystery continues!
All I could find were the things in the images attached, they’re in a little cupboard up stairs away from the rooms with the speakers, but they’re the only things I’ve been able to find. Would these be anything to do with the speakers do you think?
335FC6A6-A38F-4902-8D27-A533A65AF0BA.jpeg
427AB33F-E406-4A7A-AE11-F98A5BB2C783.jpeg
8CA57ED4-80F4-4C7B-ABFE-717149E24324.jpeg
69AECD88-4776-4E4E-93C3-B2605DCAAD39.jpeg

That's all TV and phone from what I can see, nothing speaker related. Try behind that blank plate or that white cabling on the floor, what's that?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom