Kef The New LS50 Collection & Owners Thread

I messaged Peter Tyson who are local-ish to me and they said once they have stock they would look to sell a single unit if I didn’t mind a non original box. Now I am just waiting for a couple more reviews before I decide to go for a listen and then take the plunge

I've just had word that my question about offering the LS50 Meta for home trial has been approved as we have had to close the showrooms due to CoVID-19. I'm hoping it'll go live very soon. So do keep an eye on our website if you are interested :smashin:

I've just had word that my question about offering the LS50 Meta for home trial has been approved as we have had to close the showrooms due to CoVID-19. I'm hoping it'll go live very soon. So do keep an eye on our website if you are interested :smashin:

How does this usually work? A deposit or pay in advance?

I messaged Peter Tyson who are local-ish to me and they said once they have stock they would look to sell a single unit if I didn’t mind a non original box. Now I am just waiting for a couple more reviews before I decide to go for a listen and then take the plunge
Have you decided on which colour? Royal blue looks beautiful 👌

I have to admit I’m tempted to give these a go, just out of curiosity. Running a 2.2 system their lower limits are irrelevant.

Have you decided on which colour? Royal blue looks beautiful 👌

I think the Carbon grey would look nice here
C8B042F3-CE43-475B-B3B1-90FF16ED258E.jpeg

KEF UK had the black LS50 Meta in stock, just ordered a pair. Had the wireless LS50s a year ago, great sound but the reliability was iffy.

German review here. You will need to use Google Translate, unless you speak German of course

Review

Anyone bought these yet and get a good deal on them?

I have a set on order (blue) but I doubt you’ll get much of a deal as they’re so scarce (I don’t think anything other than black and maybe the titanium too are available).

John.

I also have some grey ones on order. Peter Tyson are advertising some free cables and were happy to split a box so I could buy 3 but stock is so sparse I would guess it may be a while for direct discount. Always a chance of a bundle deal if you need an amp as well

Messaged Kef today to find out the stock situation and got this reply:

We are expecting our next shipment toward the end of October at the earliest. The uptake has been extraordinary and we're experiencing a heavy flow of sales for this model & colour.

With best

KEF (UK)

Messaged Kef today to find out the stock situation and got this reply:

We are expecting our next shipment toward the end of October at the earliest. The uptake has been extraordinary and we're experiencing a heavy flow of sales for this model & colour.

With best

KEF (UK)

Not sure what colour you were asking them about but I’ve not seen anywhere that’s had stock of the white or blue at all. I‘m on the list for the first blue pair with a local dealer. I hope it’s before the end of the month!

John.

It was Titanium grey but seems they are struggling on all colours. Even black is out of stock on the Kef official site. I am (allegedly) first on the list for grey from my dealer. Big cock up stock wise

The Wireless II's look superb. Like everything about them apart from the price!

It was Titanium grey but seems they are struggling on all colours. Even black is out of stock on the Kef official site. I am (allegedly) first on the list for grey from my dealer. Big cock up stock wise
Not surprising due to high demand and stock/component shortages around the world due to Covid.

What are the main differences between these and the previous version? Wondering about old version discounts and if it’s worth looking for some deals

What are the main differences between these and the previous version? Wondering about old version discounts and if it’s worth looking for some deals
Worth watching the Steve Gutenberg review on YouTube for a run down of the differences. If you want to nerd out further then there is a great podcast on Darko Audios website with Kef’s chief engineer. A good listen

It ultimately depends on your budget. In my case I was getting close to purchasing the old LS50s, however the reviews for the LS50 Metas have convinced me to go for the later.

Watching that last night and similar to what Toon has just said, seems the new version is a significant improvement.

Waiting to see what I can do about room layout as given these don't have speaker grills they're not very child friendly, would need to have them high and out of the way!

First a link to the official website:
Every note. Every word. Every detail.

It may look the same initially, but there are significant differences:
- new drivers
- the Meta material of course
- color range is different - where's the red option?

1603377046601.png

Finally my review:

I have to admit I’m tempted to give these a go, just out of curiosity. Running a 2.2 system their lower limits are irrelevant.
What are you using as your subs? I’m looking to move that direction.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom