Klipsch Reference Premiere 5.1.2 Speaker Package Review & Comments

They make Frankenstein’s monster look pretty.

They need to employ some Italian designers. Or ones with better glasses.

As Mr Withers can confirm, I'm in no position to comment about good looks, of audio-visual equipment or of anything else, boom-boom!

However, on reading his detailed, excellent review and people's comments, it seems to me that replacing the centre speaker with the larger RP-600C centre (though I'm not clear how much more that would cost) and replacing the subwoofer with either the recently reviewed BK Electronics subwoofer (but in walnut, please) or the Fyne Audio subwoofer would give pretty much an ideal system.

As Mr Withers can confirm, I'm in no position to comment about good looks, of audio-visual equipment or of anything else, boom-boom!

However, on reading his detailed, excellent review and people's comments, it seems to me that replacing the centre speaker with the larger RP-600C centre (though I'm not clear how much more that would cost) and replacing the subwoofer with either the recently reviewed BK Electronics subwoofer (but in walnut, please) or the Fyne Audio subwoofer would give pretty much an ideal system.

Agreed - replace the Sub and Centre and you've got a good value for money system with excellent qualities in the right room.

As for the looks, well, they're distinctive thanks to the copper-coloured drivers, I suppose. They're not too bad looking for horns.

The more I look at them the more I like them. I’m waiting on Klipsch to answer my query on their suitability in my room.

Sir, I note from your signature that you own 34 speakers; not including subs!!

I have officially appointed you my new hero. :clap:

Self hypnosis... :thumbsup:

If one is not a Connoisseur of Copper, one can always hide them away behind the supplied Grills, my Dear Chap! ;)

They certainly ain't my cup of Darjeeling looks-wise, but when it comes to audio it's never been a beauty contest.
Some of Moon Audio's jaw-droppingly priced speakers look like some dreadful high-speed collision between a 50's jukebox and an ice-cream van but they sound amazing.
That said, these are truly hideous and if hi-fi separates can be likened to family members then these are definitely the ginger step-sons.

I think it’s the depth of these that will make them a no go for me. My current speakers are pretty deep already and these are a little more so.

I've had a reply back from Klipsch which basically confirms @Steve Withers assumption that the RP-6000F don't need loads of space around them to help them sound their best.

They state about 8"-10" behind to allow for the rear port. And while the sides are less crucial, they recommend the same there as well. It's not as much as I thought but thats still a lot of space when you take in the cabinet size as well.

Is it not possible to lob them very close to the back wall using the likes of DiracLive or ARC to kill all the nasties these days?

When I eventually get my HC up and running I expect I’ll be using rather large Adam Audio actives that will need to be quite close to the rear wall.

But I’ll also be driving them with one of these so I’m not expecting any problems.

T 758 V3 - NAD Electronics

I think that the ideal distance for Klipsch speakers is when they are far enough away that you can hear them but can't actually see them.
(awaits death threats from the Klipsch fanboys).

I think that the ideal distance for Klipsch speakers is when they are far enough away that you can hear them but can't actually see them.

People do like to have a guide though and stating an idea of distances required, at least gives a starting point for a user.

I really like the woodier look of the sub compared to my r115sw, anyone compared them ☺️ speaking of the 150 version

Last edited:
Over the top trolling here. I think we all get your position on this.

😂 👍👍👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom