Knives Out 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Haven't these people seen any old whodunits?
That was a part of the fun of it for me. Pure escapist Old-School Whodunnit. I put it in the same suspension of disbelief category as The Dance-off working in Guardians of the Galaxy. :)

That was a part of the fun of it for me. Pure escapist Old-School Whodunnit. I put it in the same suspension of disbelief category as The Dance-off working in Guardians of the Galaxy. :)
I remember watching murder she wrote and poirot with my parents and I always got annoyed even as a kid with the confessions and lack of due process. It's stuck with me ever since. I think it is probably more my issue than theirs though :thumbsdow

Watched this yesterday with my daughter. Thought it was fantastic. We love a good “who done it” and loved the twists and turns. At one point we did, “well, what’s the point of the film now that we know everything?”

A great example of film making.
I'm so disappointed to read that this film is made by the same person who tried to "derail" the Star Wars films...wise up! The focus is about this film.
Following the success of the recent Murder On The Orient Express film, Knives Out is a refreshing tale for the Whodunnit genre. Stylish visually, enjoyable acting, intelligent narrative...it's a great traditional formula that never fails to deliver.
My focus is the 4K HDR stream via Prime TV. Basically, it's a 2K upscale. But wait, would you really know this?? Banding is a small issue, fair enough. The black shadow details are a give away to quality restrictions, yes. That said; the detail on offer is on the high calibre! On the same day I watched A Few Good Men via 4K HDR disc, this 2KDI stream trumped the 4KDI disc by a country mile. And I'm a 4KDI supporter no matter what!
Detail is crisp. The colours on offer are ridiculously good. However, my reason for challenging 2KDI remains enforced by this release...why are we limited to a 2KDI transfer? Why is this film not a full-fat 4K HDR? There are no major digital effects that are obvious, so why?
Sound came across simple and sharp, no issues on my Sony 2.1 sound-unit so perfect.
Film: 8.5/10
Picture: 7/10 (harsh but think about it, why are we reduced to a 2KDI in a 4K world? A pointless exercise with a decent film)
Sound: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

This is a really decent film in a time of comic book overdose and streaming. Rian has helped deliver a clever and comical film as intended. Goes to show what can be achieved if everyone believes in the vision.

ok, years after the fact, I just watched Knives Out for the first time.

And what a cracking movie, but who knew even an old fashioned murder mystery could still be so good and so much fun!

And the oh so rare occasion where an on paper overloaded cast was not a problem - in fact, they were all deftly used, and the film had panache to spare.

Great stuff, and can now see why this was so well received.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom