Knives Out 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Thanks for the review Simon. Me personally, I couldn’t even finish watching it. Just the whole plinky-plonky quirkiness of it I found very circumspect. The overwrought and overacted characters — Daniel Craig’s detective especially – made it tough just to watch him. None of it worked for me. I can see the appeal, but for me it came off as dramatically overworked and better suited to a theatre than a movie screen. Pretty sure this will be an unpopular opinion. I'm full of them.

Last edited:
Although I predicted by circumstance, I did absolutely love this film.

I’m looking forward to this one.

I'm not normally a fan of too many ‘stars’ in one film, it seems a bit pretentious to me, but I do love old type mystery thrillers and it‘s such a long time since I’ve seen one.

Great film. Especially liked the little touches, such as the "You’re always one of the family" family members repeatedly getting Marta’s country of origin wrong, each coming up with a different Hispanic American state, highlighting how little they really know or care about about her on a personal level; how, ultimately, she’s just from one of those countries from which you get someone to mow your lawn cheaply. It adds that extra little bit of pleasure to savouring the agony of their predicament.

Last edited:
Rented it on iTunes in DV & Atmos, & we thought it a perfect Gem of a Movie.

I'm glad I got around to watching this. It's a very enjoyable movie, kind of Wes Anderson lite . Not the kind of film I would buy on 4k though especially since I probably won't watch it again.

My film of the year for 2019, absolutely loved it. I've seen it 3 times and it has got better with every watch as there are so many things to pick up on when re-watching

Seen it, Loved it. Don’t think I would want to watch this again though.
I think it is one I won't rush to watch again, but when I do, I'll really enjoy all the nuances I didn't fully get first time through.

Thanks Simon, although admittedly only watched this on Apple 4kTV. I thought the picture quality was absolutely stunning, can only imagine the disc would be better, so surprised at a relatively low score of 8. The Apple version alone I would easily give a 9.

Daniel Craig.... what’s up with that voice...
put me right off the film as soon as he opened his mouth. Shame as I was looking forward to it.

I enjoyed the film but not enough rewatchability factor for me to buy it even from iTunes store

Just finished it. Superb.

I loved every moment of the thing. A exceptional pastiche, and I’ll be watching it again in not too long.

I really enjoyed the film and it’s a great looking disc. It makes me want to rewatch Gosford Park.

Glad I rented this off amazon last night and didn't buy it,very overrated in my opinion and dani Craig's accent just annoys,complete waste of a great actor like Michael shannon too!

I agree with 007s accent, not sure why he went for such an annoying one?

But it was easy(ish) to ignore because the film was so engrossing.

Digitally added grain. Eugh. Why! 🤮
Ta, will stay clear of the film I was already put off with Sandi Toksvig being in it. :rolleyes: :laugh:
Sandy.jpg

Ta, will stay clear of the film I was already put off with Sandi Toksvig being in it. :rolleyes: :laugh:
View attachment 1277085
It's not like the Grain is a Fracking Sandstorm! Didn't bother me, but I'm Grain-neutral. You should try it at least. If you can't stand the Movie, or the Grain gets everywhere, you always have the Stop button! :)

I'll be watching it today. And will try to enjoy it for the film it is, but I still am very anti grain. I find it very distracting and unnecessary. And HDR exacerbates it.

So stupid

when the police or a busybody private investigator question you, get a lawyer. When you're accused of murder based on weak circumstantial evidence, say nothing. Don't admit to anything. Haven't these people seen any old whodunits? They should do a follow up where we see the court cases get dismissed. I can never get over this aspect of these murder mysteries. I was hoping this one would be cleverer. Apparently not. Just stupid

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom