La liga

They are minnows who are part of the Man City footballing conglomerate.
Did not know that... So they have acquired Middle Eastern backed funding/sponsorship of late?

Still gotta be nothing short of impressed with what La Liga minnows Girona have achieved so far this season... Remarkable to see a team like them up there in 2nd splitting up the usual suspects who always tend to dominate the top 3/4 positions like Barcelona, Atletico & Sevilla.

Great to see.
They've bought a fair few players as well, not in the same league as Madrid and Barca in terms of spending but it wouldn't surprise me to see them challenging regularly with the backers they have.

How long did he last there?
From Wikipedia

On 23 June 2023, Benitez was appointed manager of La Liga club Celta Vigo on a three year contract, replacing Carlos Carvalhal.

On 12 March 2024, Benitez was sacked after gathering just 24 points from 24 matches, leaving the club sitting two points from the relegation zone. His last game in charge was a 4–0 defeat to Real Madrid

Yes I think he's one of those managers that should really take a step back now, I'd put Mourinho in that bracket as well.

Football has evolved and their tactics haven't imo.

Yes I think he's one of those managers that should really take a step back now, I'd put Mourinho in that bracket as well.

Football has evolved and their tactics haven't imo.
If they won’t adapt their tactics they are done at this level. De Rossi is making the difference at Roma even with his lack of experience.

I doubt anyone takes the job at Celta Vigo expecting to be there very long. Benitez replaced the much-travelled Carlos Carvalhal (Swansea etc).

Looking forward to seeing Pau Cubarsi. 17yo, recently called upto the Spain squad and undroppable for Barcelona atm. A veteran defender compared to boy wonder Yamal lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom