Labours ongoing anti semitism row

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
I take an intrest in intresting sayings one of which is, "Whatever exists exists in some quantity." In other words if such evidence does exist show us all it.

Each time yet another accusation appeared I contacted the accuser commiserating with them at the heinous nature of such an event and asked for sight of the evidence supporting their accusation stating that anti-Semitism is a crime and the Police should be informed. I never received a single reply.

Could you show us a copy of one of these exchanges? (Names blanked out obviously) Just curious, "NO" is of course acceptable :)

Considering the exchange on here, why would anyone reply to you unless you were heading up internal investigations in labour which I doubt. Anyone not replying to you does not equate to the absence of substance.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. MP [email protected] Sent: 22 February 2019 11:56 Subject: Evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party?
I have not led a sheltered life having worked in the building trade, the Army and a car factory. Apart from one example as a boy I have never come across anti-Semitism in any form so could you please share the evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party with me that you claim knowledge off. Not even an acknowledgement.

2. MP [email protected] On 04/04/2019 15:13, Subject: Evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party?
Dear Brian L, Thank you for your most recent correspondence to my office, where I note your concerns around the issue of antisemitism and I would be more than happy to help in my capacity as MP for ??????????. However, to my knowledge, the email that you have sent to my office does not detail whether or not you are a constituent of ?????????. Due to strict parliamentary protocol, Members of Parliament are only permitted to make representations on behalf of their own constituents. If you are not a resident of the ??????????? constituency, I would advise you to contact your own MP. You can find out who they are here: WriteToThem I would be very grateful if you could provide me with your full name, address and postcode, so I may progress this issue on your behalf. Yours sincerely, ?????????? A cop out.

3. MP [email protected] Subject anti-Semitism accusation
“When I went to Auschwitz I rather complacently said to myself, ‘thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that kind of thing happening in the UK’ and now I find myself faced with the leader of the Labour Party who has opened the door to antisemitism in a way that is truly frightening.”
Would you care to offer evidence for your accusation? Brian L Not even an acknowledgement.

1. MP [email protected] Sent: 22 February 2019 11:56 Subject: Evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party?
I have not led a sheltered life having worked in the building trade, the Army and a car factory. Apart from one example as a boy I have never come across anti-Semitism in any form so could you please share the evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party with me that you claim knowledge off. Not even an acknowledgement.

2. MP [email protected] On 04/04/2019 15:13, Subject: Evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party?
Dear Brian L, Thank you for your most recent correspondence to my office, where I note your concerns around the issue of antisemitism and I would be more than happy to help in my capacity as MP for ??????????. However, to my knowledge, the email that you have sent to my office does not detail whether or not you are a constituent of ?????????. Due to strict parliamentary protocol, Members of Parliament are only permitted to make representations on behalf of their own constituents. If you are not a resident of the ??????????? constituency, I would advise you to contact your own MP. You can find out who they are here: WriteToThem I would be very grateful if you could provide me with your full name, address and postcode, so I may progress this issue on your behalf. Yours sincerely, ?????????? A cop out.

3. MP [email protected] Subject anti-Semitism accusation
“When I went to Auschwitz I rather complacently said to myself, ‘thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that kind of thing happening in the UK’ and now I find myself faced with the leader of the Labour Party who has opened the door to antisemitism in a way that is truly frightening.”
Would you care to offer evidence for your accusation? Brian L Not even an acknowledgement.

You won't get many responses for a number of reasons:
- It's being dealt with by the current leadership in a more robust style
- We've all been over this a multitude of times before - re-read the thread if you want examples.
- Also there's an amount of resignation when any links evidence etc will be met with 'I've not seen it' and 'Zionist Media'

Mores the point we are waiting on the EHRC report on whether the party is institutionally racist. They are reporting on all the evidence you keep asking for, as that's what they do. After which you can come back on here and either be in a position to say I told you so, or that you were wrong (or if you wish to, blame Zionist Media).

If you want to get a feel for the evidence submitted it has a mention of it being 'voluminous' here. And you can follow the links to some of the organisations submitting that evidence should you choose to do so. What to expect from the EHRC inquiry into Labour antisemitism – LabourList

You allude to having some strong ties to the old leadership, so either you are worried about what's going to come out or not? Coming on here a few days beforehand and arguing would suggest that it's a pre-defense for a potentially damaging report

If they say it's not an issue then that's going to open up a whole new debate. Which I'm sure you'll get good engagement from

“You won't get many responses for a number of reasons:”
I’m aware of that but I was asked for examples of the questions I asked.

“Mores the point we are waiting on the EHRC report on whether the party is institutionally racist.”
That it not quite accurate, the terms of reference of the EHRC report are to basically look to see if unlawful acts have been committed by the Party or its employees or agents.

“You allude to having some strong ties to the old leadership”
I’m not certain where you got because I certainly have no ties strong or otherwise to the old leadership although I did respect them. You can dismiss any thought that I have any fear about what's going to come out or not and the reason is quite simple. I have had dealings with the EHRC where I lost any of the respect that I earlier had for them. Let me explain.

A few years ago I applied to Caravan Guard for Motor caravan insurance who gave me a quote which was then withdrawn. On querying it I was told that it was the policy of their underwriter not to offer insurance to those over eighty which was blatant age discrimination. I requested E H R C take action on the matter.
Some months later they informed me they would not be taking the matter any further as the underwriter, had convinced them they were justified so I asked them how they had arrived at that decision.
They replied that RSA had agreed to exchange information with them but only on the understanding that it would not to be devolved to me. I thought was a disgraceful decision to take. If that’s the way they do business the result of their deliberations on the Labour Party question could be anything.

Ah well you've clearly made up your mind already.

Not really any more point in engaging then is there.

I would think that under writing reasoning and associated risk calculations are commercially sensitive. No surprise they wouldn’t want it to go into the public domain. There seems to be a conspiracy everywhere with you @Brian L

I would think that under writing reasoning and associated risk calculations are commercially sensitive. No surprise they wouldn’t want it to go into the public domain. There seems to be a conspiracy everywhere with you @Brian L
I've used ignore ( only second time in 15 years). No point going over stuff when he's clearly not here to do anything other than insist everyone else is wrong. Even when I vehemently disagree with someone on here i can normally see the reasons behind their feelings/ beliefs so I'm happy to either learn or understand. But the conspiracy driven left are so dogmatic and blind to any other opinion it's just mind numbing. To get an election defeat like that and still can't admit that something wasn't right and everyone else is wrong beggars belief.

Remarkable, not a single mention was made in your comments as to an insurance company making a decision on the bigoted basis of ageism which had nothing to do with commercially sensitive risk calculations they wouldn’t want to go into the public domain.

I’ve sufficient knowledge of the actuarial profession to be aware that these so called commercially sensitive risk calculations are known to all insurance organisations. This has to suggest that the decision of the underwriter who denied my insurance was not based on actuarial knowledge but bigotry. The decision of E H R C was based by an inclination of to many bodies such as EHRC to be too ready to jump into bed with the insurance industry. If one looks at the statistics of vehicle drivers risk by age the contradictions between age 18 to 22 and age 80 to 82 are fascinating. In the case of RSA their decision was simply illogical especially as there were a sufficient number of companies that were prepared to insure me.

What she did had nothing to do with getting the sack by someone who see's himself as a later day Clement Attlee. However, it did allow himself to show that he is very willing to acquiesce to the dictates of the zionist lobby before they even asked.

It’s illuminating when those who can’t see the problem within parts of the party (which I am a member of) post comments such as the above. ‘Dictates of the Zionist lobby’ appears to be classic conspiracy theory stuff, a lazy go-to trope, especially as this lobby now appears to act without even needing to act!

I’m glad that the new labour leadership has set a higher bar when it comes to criticism of Israel/Zionism/whatever actually- that it should be based on reason and evidence/fact.

I could comment on the random off topic insurance item too, seeing as I’m an insurance underwriter by profession, but I’m not going too!

To me that comes across like Labour still has a problem with some of its hard core supporters. Luckily the majority has moved on and there is no more space for the likes of you.
tenor (4).gif

.....If one looks at the statistics of vehicle drivers risk by age the contradictions between age 18 to 22 and age 80 to 82 are fascinating.....
@IronGiant this needs fact checking, as I have found no evidence to corroborate this statement...!!!

@Brian L
Your posts remind me of the old 1960s/1970s where a shop steward could stop work in a factory and demand everybody out on strike.

"Right then Brothers, down tools and all out. An apprentice has changed a fuse in a kettle lead plug which contravenes demarcation working practices".

Ah, those were the days...

@Brian L
Your posts remind me of the old 1960s/1970s where a shop steward could stop work in a factory and demand everybody out on strike.

"Right then Brothers, down tools and all out. An apprentice has changed a fuse in a kettle lead plug which contravenes demarcation working practices".

Ah, those were the days...
Lol I used to work with people like that. Made me smile remembering.

It's was always a crazy discussion with them, the verbal equivalent of this.

Sometimes you need to get back on your horse move on and leave them ranting

Remarkable, not a single mention was made in your comments as to an insurance company making a decision on the bigoted basis of ageism which had nothing to do with commercially sensitive risk calculations they wouldn’t want to go into the public domain.
Because there is clearly nothing there other than in your imagination.

I’ve sufficient knowledge of the actuarial profession to be aware that these so called commercially sensitive risk calculations are known to all insurance organisations.

Earlier you mentioned...

Brian L said:
I have not led a sheltered life having worked in the building trade, the Army and a car factory.

And wow, now you have sufficient knowledge like an actuary. You know the job where the smartest of the smart end up. That is quite some transformation @Brian L I am impressed you figured out the EHRC just wants to be in bed with the insurance industry :facepalm: :rotfl:

Look if you are lonely and want a chat then there are plenty of threads in general chat. This is a very serious topic, a topic that not only has caused the labour party dearly but also caused great suffering to many people and seeing it allowed to be practised again is/was brought back a lot of painful memories, it is not a place for fantasy land conspiracy theories.

Lol I used to work with people like that. Made me smile remembering.

It's was always a crazy discussion with them, the verbal equivalent of this.

Sometimes you need to get back on your horse move on and leave them ranting

I worked on the shop floor of one of these hot beds of call em out militancy in the 1960s. MY enduring memory is of the job I was given on my first day was to drag Mini car bodies that had been stuck outside in the rain into the area adjacent to the lift that took them to the assembly line. First we had to tip them on their sides to get rid of the water then we cleaned the accumulation of grime on them of them prior to sending them to the assembly line to be built. Naturally water had seeped into the joints of the body which soon started to rust out.

Eventually I was promoted to load Mini bodies onto the hoist which meant pushing the buggy with a Mini body under the lifting gear of the hoist, slipping a safety chain through it and pressing the Go button and away it would go. Our supervisor came round one morning to see everything was OK and I made the mistake of saying, “I’ve been thinking, If we had a couple of stops welded where the front wheels of the buggy the bodies are placed it would save time and speed the job up because we wouldn’t have to pull it back if we miss the pickup space.” Quick as a flash the supervisor replied, “You’re not paid to think, just get on with the job.”

Needless to say, my memory is not full of strikes but of moronic incompetent supervisors and managers.

Please can you try and stay on topic Brian. Thank you.

Well this certainly escalated quickly:

Definitely the correct decision - hopefully shows that the party may be turning a corner on this. Shameful stuff from Corbyn.

Well this certainly escalated quickly:

Definitely the correct decision - hopefully shows that the party may be turning a corner on this. Shameful stuff from Corbyn.

Agree Gav, report is pretty damning, this is what I received this morning.

Dear Gary,

This morning, the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) published their report into Antisemitism in the Labour Party.

The report, which we would urge you to read in full, can be found here.

We want to thank the EHRC for all of their work in the last year and a half, and the Labour Party staff who have worked tirelessly and constructively with the Commission's investigation.

The report's conclusions are clear and stark. The Commission has found that the Labour Party has breached the Equality Act in terms of unlawful harassment and indirect discrimination towards the Jewish community.

This is a day of shame for the Labour Party. We have failed the Jewish community, our members, our supporters and the British people. That is why, on behalf of the Labour Party, We want to apologise for all of the pain and grief that has been caused to the Jewish community these past few years.

It is also why we want to make this promise that we will act. Never again will Labour fail to tackle the poison of antisemitism or will we lose the trust of the Jewish community.

We accept the Commission's report in full and we will implement all of the recommendations in full, and we have already instructed staff to start taking this work forward.

But, we must go further. We need to change the Labour Party's culture.

It is on all us to make sure that the Labour Party is, once again, an open and welcoming place for people from all backgrounds and all communities.

Under our leadership, zero-tolerance of antisemitism will mean precisely that. There can be no more denials and no more excuses.

We will repair the breach and we will restore trust. We know it will take time and hard work, but we will do it. That is our mission and it is the commitment we made when we were elected.

We will only consider it a success when those members who left our Party because of antisemitism feel safe to return and when we no longer see the words "Labour" and "antisemitism" in the same sentence.

As a party member, I hope we can count on your support in implementing the EHRC's recommendations over coming weeks and months. If at any time you have any questions please send them to [email protected].

Keir Starmer

Leader of the Labour Party

Last edited by a moderator:
I utterly reject that there is acknowledged Antisemitism in the Labour Party. If there is then please offer some actual evidence of it rather than the slurs used to attack Corbyn.

This aged well.

Reading the report now. Quite damning so far, they didn't implement the recommendations from the previous reports in any meaningful way.

There are Jewish groups who do support Corbyn, so there is that, but clearly a few people in his party are antisemitic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom