Laptop touchpad problems

flopstocks

Standard Member
Reaction score
The other day the screen failed on my 4 year old philips laptop (12nb5800). I thought it would be a good idea to buy two faulty ones on ebay and make 2 good laptops out of the three. Things started off well as I had two working machines, but the touchpad started playing up one of them.

So I changed the toouchpad panel (as I had 3) and this one was the same, as a process of fault finding I decided to try the third. Now they are all the same and not working properly. I have tried different motherboards, and cables.

I really can't see that all three have failed, but am now stuck on what to do next.

Any ideas?

The other day the screen failed on my 4 year old philips laptop (12nb5800). I thought it would be a good idea to buy two faulty ones on ebay and make 2 good laptops out of the three. Things started off well as I had two working machines, but the touchpad started playing up one of them.

So I changed the toouchpad panel (as I had 3) and this one was the same, as a process of fault finding I decided to try the third. Now they are all the same and not working properly. I have tried different motherboards, and cables.

I really can't see that all three have failed, but am now stuck on what to do next.

Any ideas?

I know it sounds silly, but all I can think is that possibly the ribbon cable has come slightly out when putting it back together?

Hi

If you run into the laptop touchpad not working issue, don’t worry. It’s often not hard to fix at all…

3 fixes for laptop touchpad not working for Windows users.
Here are 3 fixes that have helped other users resolve their laptop touchpad not working problem. Just work your way down the list until you find the fix that works for you.

1. Restart Your Laptop.
  2. Enable Touchpad in settings.
  3. Update your touchpad driver.
Thanks
Guru Computers Delta

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom