last minute flight nightmare

blue max

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any advice.

Been looking at flights with skyscanner and as I'm likely to travel in a couple of days, the prices have rocketed.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, when I go to the actual sites, it rises significantly again.

Any tips on how to get a decent deal last minute? I'm getting desperate.

Cheers.

Clear your cookies - try searching again

Possibly find a decent enough deal and ring the airline to see if there's any last minute cancellations? They might be able to do you a good deal

Depends where you're going - how many routes/operators/flights are there? Can you be flexible +/- any days? It's school holidays now in many places which won't help depending on the destination.

return london to frankfurt - wed to fri. Coming in at £321 !!!

Can't get through to BA - too busy and cut me off. Great!

Not sure if I tough it out, they will be cheaper? That's the dilemma

BA are an absolute shower and usually take between 8 and 10 years to answer the phone.

You could always try an independent/broker search for Travel Counsellors, I've used them before and they were great for flights.

Frankfurt immediately makes me think of Lufthansa

Which London airport please?

My preference would be London City. Heathrow take an age to get to, so earlier flights are difficult.

Ouch £386.00 from LCY to FRA return is the best I can find assuming you want to leave Weds morning and return Friday PM

Probably too late now but at times you can buy a flexi fare ticket (ie, your not committed to a certain flight and can change) and use that too take the more expensive flight.

Rough example - if the flight is normally £40 but jumps to £180 at peak times, book a flexi ticket for £100 for an off peak date and then jump on the flight thats £180 by changing the date.

You need to be careful you don't fall outside the T's & C's, ie, window to move flights will be restricted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom