Latest equivalent of Pioneer LX59

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had my Pioneer LX59 for a few years now and it's been great, but I'd like DV passthrough, which it can't do.

I took a look at Pioneer's website and there's a bewildering array of receivers with similar features, so I wondered if anyone had any idea what would be the closest specification to my existing receiver?

I need 9.2 and as mentioned, DV/HLG passthrough.

Last edited:
I think the VSX-LX504 is pretty close.

I had the SC-LX57 and went for the SC-LX701. There is a newer version of this just released, the SC-LX704 but costs around £1700! I only paid about £700 for the 701.

Very happy with the 701 but I'd like to upgrade to the 704 or the bigger 904 when the prices get more reasonable.

Thanks John I'll have a look at the 504... maybe even the 503?
I know it's an older model but might be worth investigating.

Anyone own a 504 or 503 that could tell me the major differences?

Last edited:
Thanks John I'll have a look at the 504... maybe even the 503?
I know it's an older model but might be worth investigating.

Anyone own a 504 or 503 that could tell me the major differences?

Its what your willing to pay mate The LX701 is probably in the sweet spot budget wise....but l aint seen it advertised for £700 and they're thin the ground now, the LX504 gets IMAX enhanced feature plus a few bits of modernization like a better remote/user interface and most likely it sounds better than the 503 as well,Peter Tyson was discounting the LX504 recently

Updating this, I've also found the 304 for £599.

I expect it'll be a step down in quality/power from the 59, but it's very much an interim buy until eARC is introduced next year (or whenever)

Any 304 owners?

Last edited:
Just to confuse me even more the Denon X3600 looks tempting at a similar price to the 304, does anyone know how they stack up against each other?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom